|Location||remote, United States of America|
|Date Posted||October 14, 2020|
|Job Level||Associate Director|
|Other Locations||United States|
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
Under general direction of the Evidence Synthesis and Meta-analyses (ESM) team, the candidate will conduct meta-analyses across global markets, in order to support pharmaceutical, biotech, and device technologies’ evidence generation needs. The candidate will also provide methodological and statistical expertise on projects across multiple Xcenda teams focused on evidence generation and health economic initiatives. There may be opportunities for the candidate to participate in projects outside of ESM, including real-world data analytics, economic modeling, health technology assessments, and market access / shaping.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Content Development (~60% of duties):
- Serve as the primary lead on meta-analysis engagements, including assessing the feasibility of conducting meta-analyses on various literature review findings, and serving as or guiding the primary biostatistician in developing statistical analysis plans (SAPs) and meta-analyses (classical and network)
- Develop, conduct or guide templates for data extraction, quality checks, and report development; synthesize and summarize results from meta-analysis feasibility assessments and meta-analyses in plain language for communication to clients (eg, in MS PowerPoint or MS Word documents)
- Manage large databases for quantitative engagements
- Conduct standard and network meta-analyses (Bayesian/frequentist approaches) using R and BUGS (WinBUGS, OpenBUGS, or JAGS) or a similar software
- Develop proposals, project budgets, and project timelines
- Provide oversight of the project team during systematic literature review design, data extraction, and quality assessment of the included studies
Client Focus (~40% of duties):
- Lead calls with current and potential clients (sales calls) to describe proposed or completed meta-analysis projects (methods and results)
- Serve as a resource for both internal and external clients to aid in the understanding of meta-analysis results
- Serve as the engagement lead on evidence synthesis projects, including the coordination and integration of scientific and medical input from internal team members and external clients to meet project deadlines, and the provision of clinical and/or strategic review of internal team member deliverables prior to delivery to clients
- Create and execute action plans to advance projects, allocating work and anticipating or identifying and resolving problems
- Assume responsibility for on-time and on-budget delivery of projects, while maintaining high quality standards
Communication / Collaboration:
- Develop and share meta-analysis best practices to ensure and maintain the highest quality output consistent with Xcenda’s mission and vision
- Support goals for business unit/service line growth
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of all services
- Work with and contribute to project team to complete projects
- Maintain 60% chargeability
Based on the experience level of the candidate the responsibilities for this role will adjust accordingly. The role could potentially be filled at an Assistant Director, Associate Director or Director level. Experience may vary based on the level assessed.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Proficient with implementing meta-analyses and using statistical software
- An understanding of meta-analytic concepts and methods and the ability to effectively communicate this understanding in both verbal and written form
- A demonstrated record of scientific publication is desirable, but not required
- Familiarity with clinical trial design and statistics and their application to the interpretation and presentation of clinical data
- Experience in other areas of outcomes research (such as, observational database research, economic modeling, etc.) is desirable, but not required
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and maintain high quality work output in a fast- paced dynamic environment while working on multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to work within teams
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and experience with issues surrounding the marketing of pharmaceutical products in the global marketplace to include the design and use of health economics and outcomes research studies
- Ability to communicate complex material in presentations and discussions in a straightforward manner
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and associated software
- Travel requirements <10%
What AmerisourceBergen offersWe offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
- Healthcare for associates and eligible dependents, same-sex and domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Pet insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Retirement benefits and more…
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
About AmerisourceBergenAmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 10 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.
This is a remote role for candidate located in the United States.