|Location||remote, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||October 13, 2020|
Medical Writing and Communications
|Job Level||Associate Director|
|Other Locations||United States|
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
Under the general direction of the Director for Global Medical Communications and Market Access, and in close collaboration with team members across the Medical Communications service line, you will play a critical role in developing scientific and medical content that helps pharmaceutical, biotech, and device technologies to successfully commercialize innovative medical treatments and technologies in complex and cost-constrained global markets. In addition to content development, our Assistant Directors are also effective client/project managers and are typically the client’s main point of contact on a project. This role offers the chance for an experienced, motivated individual to join our dynamic team of detail-orientated writers and researchers to produce high quality deliverables that are aligned with Xcenda’s core mission and vision.
As an Assistant Director, your responsibilities might include:
- Working as the primary medical writer to develop accurate, referenced content for global value dossiers (GVDs) and other payer-focused market access communication deliverables as required (including value stories, US AMCP Format formulary dossiers, manuscripts, abstracts, slide decks, objection handlers, landscape assessments)
- Undertaking targeted literature searches (including familiarity with MEDLINE and EMBASE) to identify and obtain relevant source materials to inform project work across a diverse range of disease areas
- Serving as the main client point of contact across multiple projects simultaneously, with strong communication skills to foster good client relationships while balancing internal team workloads (including effective timeline and project scope management)
- Working collaboratively and flexibly within a team environment to effectively delegate work, provide (and also receive) constructive feedback, and coordinate input from other Xcenda subject matter experts as required to meet project expectations and adhere to internal processes
- Preparing for and leading client meetings (primarily via teleconference) to kick-off projects, provide status updates, and discuss client comments and feedback
- Taking responsibility for on-time and on-budget delivery of projects, while maintaining high quality standards
- Providing support for new business development opportunities as required, including background research, proposal development, and budget costings, with guidance from senior leadership
- Advanced degree in clinical, life sciences or related scientific discipline is preferred, with a least 5 years practical experience in a relevant market access or medical writing role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including experience of GVDs), with demonstrable client-handling experience
- High attention to detail and experience with fact-checking and copy-editing
- Familiarity with presenting complex scientific literature, clinical trial data, health economics studies and real-world evidence in a straightforward, accurate manner
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize, and maintain high quality work output in a fast-paced dynamic environment while working on multiple projects
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry, global market access, and health technology assessments (HTAs)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and associated software (e.g. EndNote)
What AmerisourceBergen offers We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
- Healthcare for associates and eligible dependents, same-sex and domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Pet insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Retirement benefits and more…
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
About AmerisourceBergen AmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 10 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.