|Location||Remote, United States of America|
|Date Posted||December 3, 2021|
Medical Writing and Communications
|Salary||$130K - $150K|
|Other Locations||United States|
What you will be doing
As of August 24, 2021, AmerisourceBergen requires all U.S. team members to be fully vaccinated and show proof of completed vaccine status at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability/medical reason or sincerely held religious belief you will be required to follow AmerisourceBergen’s policy and process to apply for an exemption/accommodation.
Our Value & Access Communication Assistant Directors play a critical role in developing scientific and medical content that help pharmaceutical, biotech, and device technologies to successfully commercialize innovative pharmaceutical treatments and technologies in complex and cost-constrained global markets. Our Assistant Directors are our client’s main point of contact and a clinical resource for multiple teams across Xcenda. This role contributes in creating, educating, and inspiring our dynamic team of researchers to produce their highest quality output attainable and maintain alignment with Xcenda’s core mission and vision.
As an Assistant Director, Value & Access Communications, a typical day might include:
- Serving as the main client contact/project lead on Value & Access Communications projects, such as Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) Format formulary dossiers and global value dossiers, and serving as the primary internal reviewer on content developed by the project team
- Be responsible for the delivery of high-quality documents developed by the project team; responsible for coordinating and holding client meetings (primarily via teleconference) to kick-off projects and discuss client comments and feedback
- Working as the primary medical writer on AMCP Format formulary dossiers as well as global value dossiers
- Serving as the primary medical writer for peer-reviewed publications including manuscripts, conference abstracts and posters, and white papers
- Developing content for clinical and scientific presentations (slide decks)
- Providing clinical knowledge and support (eg, literature search) and medical writing support for health economic and outcomes research activities, such as economic model conceptualization, planning and implementation of outcomes studies, market research, proposals or new business development, or other clinical activities
- Coordinating the integration of scientific and medical input from internal team members and external clients to meet project expectations, and the provision of clinical and/or strategic review
- Assuming responsibility for on-time and on-budget delivery of projects, while maintaining high quality standards
- Supporting in the goals of business unit/service line growth
- Maintaining an 80% chargeability
This is a remote role for candidates for candidates located in the United States.
What your background should look like
- Candidate should have an advanced clinical degree (eg, MD, PharmD, PhD) in a related discipline with at least 5 years of practical experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated record of scientific/medical publication
- Demonstrated ability to work within teams, including appropriate delegation and follow-through with project teams
- Familiarity with scientific literature and proficiency with scientific literature databases (eg, MEDLINE, EMBASE)
- Familiarity with clinical trial design and statistics and their application to the interpretation and presentation of clinical data
- Detail-oriented and experienced with fact-checking and copy-editing
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and maintain high quality work output in a fast-paced dynamic environment while working on multiple projects
- Strong project management skills, including establishing project timelines and milestones
- Ability to communicate complex material in presentations and discussions in a straightforward manner
- Ability to network and partner with external customers, including pharmaceutical companies, medical thought leaders, academic institutions, large group practices, medical directors, and pharmacy directors
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and associated software
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.