|Location||Remote considered, United States of America|
|Date Posted||December 9, 2022|
|Job Level||Associate Director|
Genesis Research is an international healthcare consultancy providing value evidence strategy, generation, synthesis, and communication services to Life Sciences companies. Delivering these services empowered by technology innovations has enabled us to become a trusted partner with our clients across the development and commercialization life cycle.
Combining both traditional and novel analytical approaches with diverse real-world data, including genomic, medical record, claims and patient-reported information, has allowed us to inform Life Science company internal decision making as well as submissions and presentations to regulators; health technology assessment authorities and payers; the medical community; and, patient organizations.
The Biostatistics team and this position:
Our Biostatistics team has seen exceptional growth and success in providing comprehensive support to Life Science organizations - planning, executing, and communicating Real-World Evidence. The professional in this team will demonstrate a passion for relevant and rigorous statistical methodology, ensuring that the team continues to deliver high-quality statistical analysis in a timely manner.
The professional in this team will bring expertise and experience that enables our work to fully meet our clients’ internal and external needs.
Concurrently the professional will strengthen the team’s capabilities through incorporation of improved processes that reflect best practices, and individual development that optimizes the contribution of each team member. Overall, the professional will ensure that team’s work will continue to be characterized as fit-for-purpose and high value add by our clients.
This position will report to the Director, Biostatistics.
Location: Remote will be considered.
What You'll Do
- Be an expert resource on study design, statistical methodology, and result interpretation for all RWE Deliverables
- Serve as statistical expert in the generation of RWE providing methodological and statistical input to RWE projects and life science clients
- Collaborate with client leaders, epidemiologists and real-world data analytic teams to write and implement study protocols and statistical analysis plans to answer RWE questions
- Ensure maximum utilization of teams of biostatisticians with designing, implementing, and managing a wide range of studies assess the distribution, patterns and determinants of health and disease conditions and examine access to and the use, costs, quality, delivery, organization, and outcomes of health care.
- Update and maintain Methodological and Scientific Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) that Biostatistics teams will follow
- Support Client Managers with execution and delivery of high-priority and high-visibility studies as a Client-facing subject matter expert
- Assist with training, oversight, and guidance for new and current members of the Biostatistics function
- Ensure best practices with respect to RWD data source utilization, assessing their strengths and limitations, and statistical software options when designing studies
- Assist with management of team capacity in concert with Client Management needs
- Motivate teams during periods of high demand
- Masters degree or PhD within a relevant discipline (Statistics, Biostatistics)
- 9+ years of consulting, industry, or academic experience (5+ years with a PhD)
- Experience as a statistical consultant or study statistician conducting observational, RWE or clinical trial studies
- Expertise in at least 3 of the following statistical areas: time-to-event analysis, balancing methods (propensity score, instrumental variable analysis, matching), simulation, missing data, time series or predictive modeling. Experience with all areas preferable.
- Experience utilizing real-world data (claims, eHR, registry, PRO) for statistical analysis
- Experience translating statistical analysis into scientific meaning
- Proven history of scientific writing: protocols, peer-reviewed publications, statistical analysis plans
- Proficient programming in SAS and/or R
- Ability to manage multiple projects and team members in a dynamic, collaborative environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Enthusiasm to learn and motivation to develop oneself and others within Genesis
- Flexibility to adapt to client project needs in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial workplace
- Competitive salary
- Performance-related bonus
- Company-matched 401k plan
- Medical/dental benefits
Location: Hoboken, NJ, USA, headquarters office, although remote locations may be considered. Local and international travel of up to 10% is required (in post-COVID world).
Genesis Research is an equal opportunity employer.