|Location||Anywhere, United States of America|
|Date Posted||April 12, 2021|
Health Economics and Outcomes Research
|Job Level||Associate Director|
|Other Locations||United States|
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
What you will be doing
Xcenda is a premier, full-service consultancy and leading managed markets agency. For more than 2 decades, global biopharmaceutical companies as well as emerging pre-commercialization phase firms have turned to Xcenda for strategic insights, health economics and outcomes research expertise, and reimbursement support. We help manufacturers successfully commercialize innovative medical treatments and technologies in complex and cost-constrained global markets. Our broad, yet strategically connected, array of consulting services supports all phases of the product life cycle.
Working internally and externally on behalf of the client:
- Independently or working in conjunction with client vendors, manage health outcomes and / or economic studies - from study concept stage to final report, including burden of illness studies, patient-reported outcomes studies, drug utilization reviews, prospective or retrospective observational epidemiologic or health resource utilization studies and database analyses
- Developing and / or reviewing strategic plans, study reports, scientific publications, abstracts, and posters
- Providing day to day project and client management on a diverse set of HEOR/ Market Access activities
- Attending cross-functional meetings or internal department meetings, as directed by client
Other Xcenda specific responsibilities may include:
- Supporting goals for business unit / service line growth
- Providing support on multiple client accounts across a variety of practice areas and disease states
- Supporting the development of succession plans for junior team members, by recruiting, training and mentoring junior staff
- Ensuring timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of all services
- Participation in proposal writing, contracting, client presentations, and project pricing
Depending on the experience level of the candidate the responsibilities and level for this role may be adjusted accordingly.
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
- Broad technical knowledge of outcomes research and health economics/ market access
- Experience with developing product value propositions and/or strategic plans
- Experience running the day to day operations of projects and as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent writing skills, as well as the ability to communicate complex material in presentations and discussions in a straightforward manner
- Ability to work well in a dynamic, successful consulting firm, which maintains high quality standards and demands excellence
- Ability to network and partner with important external customers, including pharmaceutical companies, medical thought leaders, and academic institutions
- A postgraduate degree (eg, Ph.D., DrPH, M.D., PharmD) in a relevant discipline preferred, but not required. Bachelor’s or Master's degree (in Health Economics, Pharmacy Administration, Biostatistics, Health Services Research, Clinical Epidemiology, Public Health Policy or relevant field) as the minimum educational requirement with at least 5 years of practical experience.
- Travel Requirements: Currently restricted due to COVID-19 travel policies; will revisit in March 2021.
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
- Healthcare for associates and eligible dependents, same-sex and domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Pet insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Retirement benefits and more…
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
AmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 10 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.
This is a remote role for candidates located in the United States.