|Location||remote, United States of America|
|Date Posted||December 21, 2021|
Health Economics and Outcomes Research
|Job Level||Associate Director|
|Other Locations||United States|
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. Join us and Apply today!
What you will be doing…
Xcenda, division of AmerisourceBergen, is a premier, full-service consultancy and leading managed markets agency. For more than 2 decades, global biopharmaceutical companies as well as emerging pre-commercialization phase firms have turned to Xcenda for strategic insights, health economics and outcomes research expertise, and reimbursement support. We help manufacturers successfully commercialize innovative medical treatments and technologies in complex and cost-constrained global markets. Our broad, yet strategically connected, array of consulting services supports all phases of the product life cycle.
This position is responsible for providing support to Xcenda’s clients specific to their staffing needs (eg. addressing client capability or capacity related gaps by attending client meetings, developing strategic plans and implementing research engagements as an onsite or remote associate) in the health economics and outcomes research and/or market access space. This position will also work with the Xcenda Global Staffing Solutions lead to implement strategic and tactical goals that are designed to grow the overall business. Depending on the candidate’s experience level, this role could be filled as an Assistant Director to Associate Director level. Based on the experience level of the candidate the responsibilities for this role will adjust accordingly.
As a HEOR Assistant/Associate Director at Xcenda on the Global Staffing Solutions team, a typical day in this role will include remote or onsite support to pharmaceutical/biotech clients who have either capacity (eg. open head counts, parental leave coverage, etc) or capability (eg. subject matter expertise) needs. These roles may last 2-3 months to 1 year or more and are dedicated to a specific client for a set number of hours per week. This role offers the flexibility to work in a dynamic environment without the need to relocate, as well as the ability to engage with cross- functional teams on stratagies and tactics that support medical and formulary decision making. Responsibilities that may typically fall under this role include:
Working internally and externally on behalf of the client:
- Independently or working in conjunction with client vendors, manage health outcomes and / or economic studies - from study concept stage to final report, including burden of illness studies, patient-reported outcomes studies, drug utilization reviews, prospective or retrospective observational epidemiologic or health resource utilization studies and database analyses
- Developing and / or reviewing strategic plans, study reports, scientific publications, abstracts, and posters
- Providing day to day project and client management on a diverse set of HEOR/ Market Access activities
- Attending cross-functional meetings or internal department meetings, as directed by client
Other Xcenda specific responsibilities may include:
- Supporting goals for business unit / service line growth
- Providing support on multiple client accounts across a variety of practice areas and disease states
- Supporting the development of succession plans for junior team members, by recruiting, training and mentoring junior staff
- Ensuring timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of all services
- Participation in proposal writing, contracting, client presentations, and project pricing
This role is remote for candidates located in the United States.
What your background should look like
- Broad technical knowledge of outcomes research and health economics/ market access
- Experience with developing product value propositions and/or strategic plans
- Experience running the day to day operations of projects and as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent writing skills, as well as the ability to communicate complex material in presentations and discussions in a straightforward manner
- Ability to work well in a dynamic, successful consulting firm, which maintains high quality standards and demands excellence
- Ability to network and partner with important external customers, including pharmaceutical companies, medical thought leaders, and academic institutions
- A postgraduate degree (eg, Ph.D., DrPH, M.D., PharmD) in a relevant discipline preferred, but not required. Bachelor’s or Master's degree (in Health Economics, Pharmacy Administration, Biostatistics, Health Services Research, Clinical Epidemiology, Public Health Policy or relevant field) as the minimum educational requirement with at least 5 years of practical experience.
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.