|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||July 23, 2019|
Market Access or Value Access
Medical Writing and Communications
|Job Level||Associate Director, Manager or Senior Manager|
Evidera’s Market Access Communications team is a group of medical writing experts who develop global value dossiers, AMCP dossiers for US payers, Health Technology Assessment submissions for various global markets, value stories, and related market access deliverables for clients in the biopharmaceutical industry. The team interprets and communicates the clinical and economic evidence that our pharmaceutical/life sciences clients require to successfully market their products. Our services include dossiers and slide decks that provide healthcare decision-makers with the evidence they need to evaluate new medical treatments, targeted literature-based white papers on diseases and treatments, and reports from payer advisory boards.
The Associate Director or Lead Market Access Medical Writer is an ideal opportunity for someone already working in market access or a related field, such as medical communications or medical education, to develop a career in a leading consultancy in the market access environment. This is a team-based, collaborative writing role in which you will apply scientific and writing expertise to projects covering a wide range of therapeutic areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Hands-on leadership of projects allocated according to availability, client familiarity or history, and disease area knowledge, with overall responsibility for successful project delivery (quality, timeliness, client satisfaction, and financial performance)
- Originate content as required, particularly for those tasks requiring senior input, e.g. value story, market access strategy, payer concerns.
- Work with the Practice Lead and other project leads to ensure appropriate allocation of staff to projects. Participate in regular planning meetings to facilitate this.
- Line management of several in-house writers (coaching, mentoring, monitoring development needs, and conducting performance reviews).
- Build and maintain new and existing client relationships and write proposals to ensure sufficient sales to meet the group’s performance targets.
- Identify opportunities for selling across Evidera practices – either collaborative projects involving dossiers and other offerings, or stand-alone projects for any practice.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Very strong experience in agency or consultancy environment in a medical writing role
- Significant experience in medical writing/communications; understanding of market access, experience in developing value dossiers, and a basic understanding of health economics are desirable but not essential
- Experienced project leader, both in a client-facing role and as a within-project manager of people
- Ability to align deliverables with a client’s strategic objectives
- Experience in mentoring more junior writers and providing clear and constructive feedback
- Proven ability to manage projects to budget and timelines across therapy areas
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and drug development process
- Familiarity with clinical trial design and statistics
- Basic understanding of health economics
- Fluent written and spoken English
- MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel
Advanced degree in life sciences, health economics, or a clinical discipline is preferred, e.g., PhD, PharmD, MD, MPH, MS or commensurate experience in medical writing/communications. Clinical degrees in nursing, nutrition, or other health professions, experienced candidates with a BS/BA are also open to consideration.
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving/Judgment
Evidera offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package. Our London office also offers frequent social events and a spacious, quiet work environment. Bright new office space with full kitchen/eating areas and a gym available at no cost to Evidera employees. We are committed to providing training and professional development, with ample opportunity to advance, for all of our staff.
Evidera is a global research consulting group that partners with life sciences organizations worldwide to develop, capture, and communicate the clinical and economic evidence required to substantiate the value of their products and optimize their products’ market access and commercial success. Our research and consulting services are driven by world-class science and thought leadership and leverage a unique combination of capabilities in health economics, outcomes research, market access, data analytics, and epidemiology.