|Location||Kenilworth, New Jersey|
|Date Posted||May 26, 2021|
Health Economics and Outcomes Research
Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where our company has codified its legacy for over a century. Our company's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Our company is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world’s premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we’re doubling down on this goal. Our company's Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take our company's leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
Under the guidance of a Director, CORE (Center for Observational & Real-world Evidence), the Associate Director will have the primary responsibility for planning and managing real world evidence activities for in-line and developmental company drugs on a worldwide basis. This includes all phases of outcomes research and real world evidence needs including design and implementation of retrospective database studies, assessment of patient reported outcomes (PROs), epidemiological studies and economic modeling. The incumbent will work closely with Customer Business Line teams, Regional Product Directors, company affiliates, Public Affairs, Medical Education and company Research Laboratories colleagues to ensure programs are consistent with marketing strategies in key countries. He/she will contribute to product development and marketing strategies to ensure that product value is defined and developed.
This position will focus on Hospital & Specialty Care/Primary Care. Specific roles include but are not limited to:
- Participate in Value and Evidence Sub-teams (VEST) and provide leadership in developing the OR strategies and plans for developmental compounds and obtains cross-divisional senior management approval
- Work closely with the VEST team members to develop OR plans for company in-line and developmental products based on the regulatory, marketing and reimbursement/HTA environments on a worldwide basis; including US specific market needs. Work with our Research Division colleagues, company affiliates and consultants to write, coordinate, and validate as required, study design, protocols, measurement questionnaires, case report forms, data analysis plans, and final reports/publications
- Critically assesses drivers and barriers to reimbursement and market access, identify value evidence needs to provide input into clinical and market development programs
- Implement programs to document disease burden and unmet need, PRO components, and health economic aspects of disease and the value of drug therapy as outlined in the OR planning process/map and generates data on a worldwide basis to support pricing and reimbursement
- Develop value evidence deliverables (e.g., health economic evaluations) and their adaptation to generate country-specific data supporting pricing and reimbursement
- Work with the company Investigator Study Program Committee to evaluate outcomes research study protocols for studies in local markets
- Support company affiliates to understand local needs, adapt health economic evaluations, customize Outcomes Research documents such as protocols and reimbursement dossiers, which includes the development of the worldwide template document including global value dossier and input forms, design of data collection forms for customization to countries, and in collaboration with company affiliates, adaptation of the document according to local requirements
- Work closely with other departments (i.e. Human Health Division and Public Affairs) to effectively develop/ communicate OR data and consistent messages throughout our company and to external customers
- Responsible for maintaining awareness of scientific developments within his/her areas of expertise, both in terms of new methodology and new activities to establish communications with key outcomes research opinion leaders
- Build relationships with health economic and outcomes research experts worldwide
- Present outcomes research data at international/national congresses and publishes articles in scientific journals
- Doctoral degree from a recognized school of medicine, public health, management, pharmacy, or economics - OR - Master’s Degree required from a recognized school of medicine, public health, management, pharmacy, or economics
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the areas of health economics, outcomes research, market access, HTA or related field
- Demonstrated expertise in the field of outcomes research, epidemiology and/or health economics
- Excellent leadership and strategic thinking skills
- A track record of scientific presentations and publications
Your role at our company is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At our company, we’re inventing for life.
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. We believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
Invent. Impact. Inspire.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.