|Location||anywhere, United States of America|
|Date Posted||April 23, 2021|
Market Access or Value Access
|Job Level||Associate Director|
|Other Locations||United States|
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
Under the general direction of the VAC New Business Development (NBD) Lead, this associate will be responsible for VAC business development activities, such as proposal development, Salesforce maintenance, monitoring/management of business development metrics, and working with the VAC NBD Lead and members of other Xcenda Service Lines to develop and implement strategic and tactical goals that are designed to maintain the influx of new business opportunities and grow new business. This position will require that the candidate:
- Is knowledgeable and comfortable discussing HEOR / RWE / Market Access related topics with clients, in order to identify potential opportunities and promote Xcenda’s capabilities
- Is able to formulate and communicate strategic and tactical recommendations to clients that support their GHEOR and global market access needs.
- Has business development experience in similar/relevant industries or fields, and has an existing network of contacts within the HEOR / market access areas
- Is capable of developing proposals and budgets, and overseeing projects for VAC worktypes, including but not limited to AMCP and global value dossiers, scientific slide decks, and publications (abstract, posters, manuscripts).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Driving global business development efforts in a dynamic and professional manner
- Developing and implementing strategic and tactical goals for the growth of VAC’s business and that support Xcenda’s overall strategic goals
- Generating sales leads with new clients and existing clients
- Leading the development of client pitches that clearly convey Xcenda’s scientific consulting services both generally and according to specific needs/requests by the client
- Developing and leading the development of effective proposals; collaborating with Xcenda’s contracting team in the execution of confidential disclosure agreements (CDA), master services agreements (MSA), and contracts
- Ensuring timeliness, accuracy, quality, and completeness of all business development and NBD/project activities
- Strategically managing/maintaining client relationships
- Collaborating with NBD leads from other service lines to strategically develop and sell bundled cross-functional services
- Contributing to the recruitment, training, and mentoring of junior staff
- Inspiring/mentoring fellow employees, research fellows, and students
- Maintaining chargeability requirements
A postgraduate degree (eg, MSc, PhD, DrPH, PharmD) in a relevant scientific discipline, such as in health economics, epidemiology, biostatistics, health services research, pharmacy practice/administration.
The candidate must have an established reputation within the biopharmaceutical, medical device, and/or health care consulting industry and be able to demonstrate experience in:
- GHEOR, RWE, medical/value communications, and/or market access
- Business development and consultative selling
- Account leadership and management
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Broad knowledge of the US healthcare market, biopharmaceutical product launch requirements, and the role of GHEOR and global market access in launch preparedness
- Prior experience with HEOR / market access / RWE engagements
- General understanding of biopharmaceutical company organizational structure(s) and the responsibilities/functions of the various departments/teams/roles
- Knowledge of business development-related data platforms, such as Salesforce, is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills; functions as a team player
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong presentation, and verbal and written communication skills in the English language (additional language[s] are valued)
- Ability to network and partner with important external customers, including biopharmaceutical companies, medical, market access and GHEOR thought leaders, and academic institutions
- Ability to effectively and independently prioritize activities while working in a fast-paced, dynamic, and successful consulting firm that values high quality standards and demands excellence
- Autonomous, structured and well organized
- Strong work ethic
- Able to work and collaborate efficiently in a remote setting. Travel, when permitted, will be up to 40% with flexibility
What AmerisourceBergen offersWe offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
- Healthcare for associates and eligible dependents, same-sex and domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Pet insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Retirement benefits and more…
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position, and/or business unit.
AmerisourceBergen is a publicly-traded Fortune 10 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.
United States-Iowa-Remote, United States-Kentucky-Remote, United States-Alabama-Remote, United States-Wisconsin-Remote, United States-Kansas-Remote, United States-Arizona-Remote, United States-North Carolina-Remote, United States-Pennsylvania-Remote, United States-West Virginia-Remote, United States-Rhode Island-Remote, United States-Ohio-Remote, United States-Wyoming-Remote, United States-Hawaii-Remote, United States-Virginia-Remote, United States-Texas-Remote, United States-Connecticut-Remote, United States-Idaho-Remote, United States-Tennessee-Remote, United States-Michigan-Remote, United States-Colorado-Remote, United States-Illinois-Remote, United States-Mississippi-Remote, United States-New York-Remote, United States-District of Columbia-Remote, United States-Nevada-Remote, United States-South Carolina-Remote, United States-New Jersey-Remote, United States-Missouri-Remote, United States-Oklahoma-Remote, United States-Arkansas-Remote, United States-Maine-Remote, United States-Minnesota-Remote, United States-Oregon-Remote, United States-Nebraska-Remote, United States-Louisiana-Remote, United States-California-Remote, United States-North Dakota-Remote, United States-Georgia-Remote, United States-Alaska-Remote, United States-Washington-Remote, United States-Massachusetts-Remote, United States-New Hampshire-Remote, United States-New Mexico-Remote, United States-Delaware-Remote, United States-Montana-Remote, United States-Indiana-Remote, United States-Maryland-Remote, United States-Florida-Remote
This is a remote role for candidates located in the United States.