|Location||Seoul, Korea, Republic of|
|Date Posted||July 7, 2022|
Health Economics and Outcomes Research
We are seeking Associate Research Scientist for 2-year-regular position (renewable) within the Policy & Economic Research Department at the International Vaccine Institute.
This job is responsible to conduct policy and economic research (PER) activities in professional collaboration with various departments and programs within IVI.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
1. Conduct of PER research projects
- Conduct cost-effectiveness analyses
- Carry out field-based cost-of-illness (economic burden) studies
- Develop research plan, write protocols, and update tools for Policy and Economics Research studies under the supervision of a senior scientist
- Implement all aspects of data collection activities in the field and conduct economic and econometric analyses as per the research plan independently
2. PER research, data analyses and data dissemination
- Write manuscript and develop presentations on the research work with minimum support from supervisor
- Develop innovative Policy and Economics Research ideas and support in writing grant proposals
3. Represent Policy and Economics Research within IVI, support institutional activities and effectively communicate with external collaborators
Job Requirements and Qualifications
1. Education Requirements
- Master’s degree or equivalent / Ph.D. is preferred (Applied Economics, Health Economics, Public Health, etc.)
2. Related Field Work Experience.
- M.S. : 7+ years
- Ph.D. : 3+ years
3. Technical and Professional Skills / Knowledge
- Health economics, statistical analysis, econometrics, forecasting, longitudinal data management.
- Proficiency in STATA or statistical software is necessary.
- Knowledge in PER studies related to cost-effectiveness analysis, economic burden (cost-of-illness) studies, disease burden, transmission modeling, vaccine demand forecast, budget impact analysis, vaccine financing analysis, econometric analyses, regression modeling, willingness-to-pay surveys (WTP), health system analyses, development of tools and vaccination cost estimations.
4. Language Proficiency
- Fluency in English
- Understanding French / Korean is an asset