|Location||Remote, United States of America|
|Date Posted||May 18, 2022|
Real World Evidence or Evidence Development
|Job Level||Analyst or Senior Analyst|
STATinMED Research provides research, consulting, and targeted communications to global pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and health information companies. All STATinMED Research consultants hold academic positions with prestigious universities. They bring academic and industrial expertise in health economics, pharmacoeconomics, clinical or outcomes research, research design, econometrics, statistics and biostatistics. At the core of STATinMED Research's mission is our continuing effort to help customers in the health care industry manage cost and improve the quality of care. Our strategy is to provide decision support tools to help our customers improve clinical and business performance.
This individual will serve as a statistical subject matter expert and provide guidance to more junior members of the team, e.g., programmers. The biostatistician will also conduct advanced analyses and research to produce results and identify solutions to provide support for project analytics. Such support will include programming and interpreting statistical models, designing and creating charts, graphs, tables, and reports to support findings and develop recommendations as well as creating analytic data sets in standalone datasets or by linking multiple disparate data sources. The position will lead communication efforts to show the value proposition and evidence to achieve maximal commercial success of products throughout their life cycle. This will include providing summary tables and figures as well as ad hoc reporting as needed. The biostatistician must have some knowledge of RWE/HEOR studies and applications throughout development process as well as having at least intermediate to advanced programming skills in SAS (knowledge of R is helpful).
The Biostatistician/Statistical Analyst will be responsible for supporting innovative research strategies and activities, as well as producing scientific results and evidence and supporting publications for our pharmaceutical, medical device, and biotechnology clients (external stakeholders).
- Provides support and methodological/statistical guidance to the analysts/programmers throughout the project life cycle. Chooses the most appropriate statistical methods and techniques to address the client’s research questions.
- Performs statistical analysis in SAS or R, including (but not limited to) generalized linear models, generalized estimating equations, mixed models, logistic regression, Cox regression and survival models, meta-analysis, predictive analytics and comparative effectiveness analyses.
- Ensures strict quality control measures are maintained and that project materials such as programming code, analytic files, logs, etc., are properly stored, documented and archived
- Serve as analytics support on projects and perform ad hoc requests as needed
- Proactively addresses complex analytical issues. Handle unforeseen circumstances and actively monitor and apply new analytical techniques as needed.
- Interacts with cross-functional team members at a project level, and be able to describe complex statistical analyses using straightforward language
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and accountable environment, with 4-5 projects at any given time.
- Performs multivariate/adjusted statistical models, as well as unadjusted univariate and bivariate analyses as needed using a variety of statistical models and techniques (see main responsibilities above).
- Identifies and effectively uses internal and external data sources and literature references to support client project
- Provides methodological guidance to analysts/programmers and provides support to project managers on research studies
- Assesses data quality and completeness. Appropriately QCs results. Creates queries for calculating metrics and benchmarks
- Prepares HEOR data as background materials for discussion with pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology clients
- Provide excellent customer service when delivering results to clients
- Collaborates and communicates effectively across internal stakeholders including project managers and research team members
- Ability to communicate effectively with external stakeholders (e.g., clients) and describe statistical methods.
- Strong organizational skills and produces organized, documented programs and code
- Some knowledge of healthcare data and methods of data manipulation and analysis
- Ability to work quickly and accurately for all assigned tasks
- Master's Degree Biostatistics, Statistics, Epidemiology with significant statistics/programming components with 2+ years of experience, or a related or a Bachelor’s degree in these subjects with at least 4+ years of industry experience
- An advanced level of knowledge of SAS (R a plus)
- Experience with multiple healthcare data sources or working with large datasets in other industries, e.g., claims, EHR, hospital discharge, or similar data
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing advanced statistical methods and analyses