|Location||Anywhere, United States of America|
|Date Posted||July 7, 2022|
Market Access or Value Access
|Job Level||Director or Senior Director|
|Other Locations||United States|
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. Join us and Apply today!
What you will be doing
As of August 24, 2021, AmerisourceBergen requires all U.S. team members to be fully vaccinated and show proof of completed vaccine status at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability/medical reason or sincerely held religious belief you will be required to follow AmerisourceBergen’s policy and process to apply for an exemption/accommodation.
This is a remote role for US-based candidates.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
With limited or no supervision, plans and conducts assignments, generally involving the larger and more complex projects. May lead or direct project. May act in liaison with other departments. Operates with considerable latitude for unreviewed action or decision.
• Consults with clients to develop strategies taking into account such factors as client's vision and goals
• Resolves client issues, identifies root cause, and takes steps to prevent similar issues from arising in the future
• Develops and implements strategic sales and marketing plans to accommodate company and individual-level business goals
• Reviews market trends to determine and anticipate client needs
• Gathers information, analyzes, and develops strategies concerning dynamics that may affect the business relationship, such as changes in client ownership or new affiliations; current market share and targets of opportunities for new growth; clients' changing requirements; competitor strengths and weaknesses; and continually communicates these strategies internally using verbal discussion and written business plans
• Responsible for delivering sales presentations to key clients
• Maintains strong client relationships; seeks new and increased business opportunities
• Monitors and analyzes reports and data that are used consistently throughout Xcenda for measuring profitability growth; develops and implements strategies to ensure continued success
• Responsible for generating between $5–$10 million in new business for Xcenda
• Responsible for strategic coordination and oversight across ABCS selling opportunities
• Assists Vice President in strategic planning process
• Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
• Accomplishes staff results by communicating expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• Builds Effective Teams
• Business Insights
• Communicates Effectively
• Customer Focus
• Decision Quality
• Drives for Results
• Ensure Accountability
• Functional Knowledge
• Manages Ambiguity
• Manages Complexity
• Builds Effective Teams
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires 10+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical sales and marketing (or other applicable areas) with emphasis in managed markets strategy. Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, sales, marketing, pharmacy science or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a 4-year bachelor's degree program. Healthcare marketing, business development, and account-based sales experience preferred; selling to or working with brand or customer marketing managers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or device industry is also preferred. 10+ years supervisory experience.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Possesses and applies an advanced knowledge of particular field of specialization to the completion of projects of major complexity, sufficient to teach others. Must have achieved recognized standing in professional field through original contribution.
• Working knowledge of sales management, sales planning and goal setting, successful strategic and consultative selling techniques, and related information for pharma, biotech, and medical device companies
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, for the purpose of preparing reports and disseminating information and Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain cooperative working and business relationships
• Strong presentation skills; ability to train others in this area
• Ability to interpret industry trends and competitive information and develop strategies and tactics to respond to changes in the marketplace
• Strong analytical and mathematical skills
• Strong creativity skills; focused and disciplined
• Working knowledge of computers necessary to operate effectively with company systems and programs