|Date Posted||September 2, 2021|
Patient-reported Outcomes or Health-related Quality of Life
|Other Locations||Seattle WA, Wilmington NC|
DIRECTOR, PATIENT ENGAGEMENT
The Patient-Centered Research (PCR) group combines a unique portfolio of scientific disciplines, including health sciences, psychology, psychometrics, epidemiology, and many other social sciences. This is an exciting and varied role in which you will contribute to projects focused on the selection, development, evaluation, and implementation of Clinical Outcome Assessments (COAs) and Patient-Reported Outcomes (PROs). Our projects allow engagement with patients and key stakeholders in all aspects of medical decision-making, with a growing emphasis on patient-engagement and patient-centered evidence. You will be joining a team well-known for the quality of its science, extensive publication track record and excellent relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs).
The Patient-Centered Research group is expanding their offerings and are looking for a talented and energetic Director for Patient Engagement to join our team!
The Director, Patient Engagement will focus on leading scientific projects in the broad area of patient experience, as well as the development and commercialization of Patient Engagement services. This role will report into the Senior Management of Patient-Centered Research (PCR), supporting the mission to provide a full suite of services and offerings that measures and communicates patients’ experiences, preferences, and outcomes of disease and treatment.
This role will also allow contribution around innovation and development of the patient engagement offerings of Evidera/Patient-Centred Research; commercialization of patient engagement offerings, marketing and business development activities; participating in cross-functional working groups with PPD family companies; participating in an internal PCR patient-engagement working group; and consulting on scientific and strategic aspects of individual scientific projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Leads patient experience projects including cross-functional work with other Evidera practice areas as well as PPD
- Presents scientific work in peer-reviewed journals and at professional meetings
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and guidelines; helps clients prepare for regulatory meetings and attend regulatory meetings with clients as requested
- Thought leadership in approaches for bringing the patient voice to drug development
- Applies in-depth knowledge of patient engagement methods; advises on implementation of best methods and scientific innovation project plans and designs
- Develops and maintains client relationships
- Understands pharmaceutical industry/FDA structure
- Identifies scientific methods/plans that help clients meet their goals as well as those that will not help clients meet their goals
- Provides scientifically rigorous deliverables that best help clients meet their objectives
Development and Commercialization of Patient Engagement Services
- Help to author a business plan for Patient Engagement work; the business plan will include a vision for patient engagement, investments to achieve that vision, including the development of new services and products in patient engagement with tactics for delivery and external commercialization of new products and services
- Oversight responsibility for implementing the Patient Engagement business plan, including leading product development, development of marketing materials and conduct of business development such as delivering capabilities presentations on patient engagement and insight services with key clients as determined by the business development plan
- Co-ordinate response to client patient engagement requests, including managing existing patient engagement assets.
- Collaborate with other Evidera scientists and management to ensure the scientific and operational capacity is in place to deliver patient engagement services.
- Works in cross functional team across the PPD family companies on enterprise-wide patient engagement initiatives; deploy Evidera solutions on PPD bids as appropriate
- May manage lower-level employees including supporting professional development and goal setting, performance management, compensation planning and all operational duties of a manager such as approving time and leave
Education, Professional Skills & Experience:
- Masters or Doctorate in scientific discipline (psychology, epidemiology, health services, public health, etc…)
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 12+ years).
- Strong leadership skills
- 5+ years of management responsibility
- Experience with patient advocacy groups and pharmaceutical industry preferred
- MS Word, PPT, Excel; familiarity with SAS or similar data analysis software
Personal Skills & Competencies:
- Deep understanding of health outcomes research principles and familiarity with key aspects of the literature (historical and current)
- Advanced level understanding of relevant methodology and statistics
- Extensive knowledge of practical research implementation
- Well organized, superior time management and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Highly responsive and proactive
Evidera is a business within in Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC (PPD) a leading global contract research organization (CRO), and a is a preeminent provider of evidence-based solutions. We provide integrated scientific expertise and global operational capabilities to help clients generate the evidence needed to optimize the market access and commercial potential of products.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, with clear opportunities for growth and career progression. You will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects with some of the industry’s leading researchers. Our offices boast a fun and collaborative working environment, frequent social events and a robust support system. We are committed to providing training and professional development, with ample opportunity to advance, for all our staff.
Evidera’s Core Competencies:
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving/Judgment
If you resonate with our core competencies and want to contribute to research and consulting services driven by world-class science and thought leadership, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.
Evidera, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, gender preference, disability, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.