|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||August 23, 2019|
Market Access or Value Access
Pricing & Reimbursement
|Job Level||Principal or Senior Principal|
|Other Locations||Primrose Hill, London|
Established in 2007, we are a rapidly growing and energetic consultancy – a diverse group of professional scientists, health economists and industry specialists with a proven track record in providing global market access solutions to some of the biggest healthcare industries so that patients get access to medicines. Patients get access to medicines as a result of our work. Our science is internationally renowned, and we are proud of our work.
- We apply robust scientific approaches and methodologies. Quality science comes first.
- We combine the expertise of our team together with a worldwide professional network.
- We continuously learn and improve.
- 90% of our projects are repeat or referral from our existing customers.
- The majority of our team are educated to PhD level.
- We embrace diversity in all its forms.
We also love being part of an engaging, supportive team that combines having fun with striving for high quality science. Our leadership team is always approachable, and we find it easy to work with each other. The variety of our work is both challenging and exciting, and helps us to achieve our research and career ambitions. PHMR provides flexibility and individual support in order to help make our lives more balanced and enjoyable. We love being part of PHMR.
Duties and responsibilities of the role
The Head of Economic Modelling will be a key member of our senior management team and will lead our growing team of talented economic modellers. The successful candidate will have proven project and people leadership skills and extensive experience in developing health economic models for health technology assessment (HTA).
Additional responsibilities include:
- Technical leadership for economic modelling;
- Responsible for signing off economic project deliverables;
- Leadership and line management of economic modelling team;
- Internal and external day-to-day management of projects;
- Study design development and implementation across a variety of therapeutic areas;
- Drafting reports and contributing to HTA submissions;
- Preparation of draft analysis plans, model specification reports and presentations;
- Drafting abstracts and manuscripts as lead or co-author;
- Development of proposals;
- Quality assurance of economic models and technical reports;
- Managing project budgets.
Requirements / performance dimensions:
Functional technical expertise
- Higher degree (PhD or MSc) in health economics, economic modelling or related discipline
- Excellent or substantial knowledge of decision analytic modelling, including a range of modelling approaches
- Substantial experience of developing health economic models for HTA purposes: conceptualisation, design and implementation
- Nationally or internationally recognised as an expert in health economic modelling: a role model for the PHMR modelling team (for the Director level only)
- Strong or excellent knowledge of a range of health economics methodologies (e.g. utility measurement, clinical trial design, resource use measurement)
- Strong or excellent knowledge of HTA methodologies and processes
- Strong or excellent understanding of the global payer environment, including coverage and reimbursement and pricing
- Demonstrated or proven project and people leadership skills
- Significant experience of successful proposal development and proven track record in business development
- Ability to clearly communicate complex technical issues to a wide range of audiences
- Proactive in identifying and assessing developments in modelling methodology, and implementing change as required
- Excellent quantitative skills, including econometrics
- Good knowledge of statistical software packages (e.g. STATA, R)
- Fluency in English
- Excellent MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel skills
Alignment to PHMR values
Integrity: we do the right thing
Quality focus: we continually pursue excellence
Ambitious: we are tenacious and sustainable
Collegiate: we support and learn from each other
Fun: we enjoy our work
Great to work with
PHMR can offer:
- Permanent employment in a high employee-engagement culture;
- Further professional development opportunities;
- Opportunities to publish research;
- Competitive salary;
- Collegiate office environment in an idyllic London location.
Candidates wishing to discuss the position, please call 0044 (0) 203 342 7450 to request an informal chat with Dr Louise Longworth, our Chief Scientific Officer. No agencies please.
Candidates wishing to apply for the position should submit their CV and covering letter to Miss Gintare Cepinskaite at email@example.com.
All candidates are eligible to apply for our roles and will be considered on suitability and merit throughout the recruitment process. However, at the time of starting their employment the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK.