|Location||10181 Scripps Gateway Court, San Diego, California|
|Date Posted||September 3, 2021|
Health Economics and Outcomes Research
|Job Level||Manager or Senior Manager|
Health Economics & Outcomes Manager
MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc. is looking for extraordinary people to join our team!
Why join MedImpact? Because our success is dependent on you; innovative professionals with top notch skills who thrive on opportunity, high performance, and teamwork. We look for individuals who want to work on a team that cares about making a difference in the value of healthcare.
At MedImpact, we deliver leading edge pharmaceutical and technology related solutions that dramatically improve the value of health care. We provide superior outcomes to those we serve through innovative products, systems, and services that provide transparency and promote choice in decision making. Our vision is to set the standard in providing solutions that optimize satisfaction, service, cost, and quality in the healthcare industry. We are the premier Pharmacy Benefits Management solution!
The Health Economics & Outcomes Manager will support the entire life cycle of health economic and outcomes projects including: identifying strategic research project opportunities, information gathering, conceptual framework construction, development and execution of statistical analysis plans, application of principles of pharmacoeconomics or health economic discipline, technical report and manuscript writing and preparation for publication, and presenting results. This position provides clinical/technical knowledge to other team members and internal/external clients. This position may also serve as a clinical product owner and/or assist with strategic clinical product development efforts.
What You Get To Do:
- Designs analytic protocols, develops and implements methodologies, including but not limited to predictive modeling, risk stratification, and clinical programs ROI analysis drawing from expertise in econometrics or biostatistics
- Leads in the strategic development and execution of a clinical analytic product
- This includes: 1) idea generation for a new product; 2) developing business cases, business requirements documents, product slicks and descriptions, implementation questionnaires [IQs]; 3) presenting these documents internally for approval in the product development cycle; and 4) overseeing the programming and data analysis and performing a QC of the analytics
- Formulates research objectives
- Plans, organizes and schedules activities to meet strategic research objectives
- Develops, documents, implements, and communicates operating policies, procedures, and systems to support planned research projects
- Evaluates and recommends statistical methods for data analysis and monitors and interprets results of analysis
- Prepares technical reports and papers on study plans, progress and results of research activities
- Construct budget impact models using industry recognized econometric methods and present models to payor clients, consultants and internal stakeholders
- Partners with Marketing and Business Development functions in identifying and designing strategic presentation opportunities
- Actively participates in professionally sponsored meetings, seminars and symposia as a representative to promote project and company visibility (activities may include writing articles/case
- Studies for newsletters and dissemination to the company’s client base
- Improves process flow efficiency, such as developing standard operating procedures, department policies and procedures, and templates for budgeting, project management, etc
- Remains informed of the current status of completed and ongoing research in related areas
- Represents the company at industry meetings or multi-stakeholder organizations (e.g., Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy, Pharmacy Quality Alliance), or providing guest lectures at the schools of pharmacy
Education and/or Experience
- For consideration candidates will need a Clinical degree preferred (Pharm D, RN, MD, Etc.)
- Master’s degree in public health or equivalent training in research or biostats required
- Residencies and fellowships in managed care pharmacies may be considered
- Two (2) plus years direct research/modeling experience in pharmacy or related health care industry required (pharma, consulting, payor, etc)
Expert in MS Excel, well-versed in other Microsoft Office applications and strong experience or understanding of data analyses using a programming language (e.g., SAS, SQL, or equivalent experience using other econometric and health services research software/programming tools including SPSS, Stata, TreeAge, and StatSoft.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Registered Pharmacist, RN, or Medical license in the State of California or equivalent state preferred
Other Skills and Abilities
- Expertise in research methodologies related to predictive modeling, study design, statistical analysis, econometric techniques, and reporting results
- Experience in analyzing large medical and pharmacy claims database
- Strong understanding of the health services research environment
- Strong understanding of the PBM, managed care, health services research, and retail pharmacy environments
- Ability to multi-task and work on several projects with aggressive turnaround times
This position will require domestic travel of up to 15%; attendance may be required at various local conferences and client meetings.
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Wellness Programs
- Paid Time Off / Company Paid Holidays
- 401K with Company match
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus at Level II
To explore all that MedImpact has to offer, and the greatness you can bring to our teams, please submit your resume to www.medimpact.com/careers
MedImpact, is a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.