|Date Posted||July 23, 2019|
Market Access or Value Access
Medical Writing and Communications
|Job Level||Manager or Senior Manager|
Evidera’s Market Access Communications team is a group of medical writing experts who develop global value dossiers, AMCP dossiers for US payers, Health Technology Assessment submissions for various global markets, value stories, and related market access deliverables for clients in the biopharmaceutical industry. The team interprets and communicates the clinical and economic evidence that our pharmaceutical/life sciences clients require to successfully market their products. Our services include dossiers and slide decks that provide healthcare decision-makers with the evidence they need to evaluate new medical treatments, targeted literature-based white papers on diseases and treatments, and reports from payer advisory boards.
The Lead Market Access Medical Writer is an ideal opportunity for someone already working in market access or a related field, such as medical communications or medical education, to develop a career in a leading consultancy in the market access environment.
Role and Responsibilities
The Lead Market Access Writer is a team-based, collaborative writing role in which you will apply scientific and writing expertise to projects covering a wide range of therapeutic areas. Typical duties include:
- Writing fully-referenced content, for global value dossiers, country submissions, and related deliverables, based on published clinical, scientific, and pharmacoeconomic literature
- Developing simple visuals and graphics (e.g., in Excel or PowerPoint)
- Editing, quality assurance, and formatting
- Acting as the lead writer on project teams, and reviewing the work of other writers for quality and consistency
- Daily communication and teamwork with colleagues in the Market Access Communications team and with subject matter experts in other Evidera groups
- Project leadership/management for moderate-to-large scale projects
- Acting as the primary point of client contact for your assigned projects
- Business development for moderate-to-large scale projects
- Workload management to meet internal and client-driven deadlines
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate is a highly motivated, detail-oriented, and organized self-starter who works well independently and on teams. Enthusiasm for a professional writing career and excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Experienced in medical/scientific writing in an agency or consultancy
- Understanding of market access and experience of developing value dossiers
- Ability to understand and clearly convey complex clinical, economic and commercial information, after receiving appropriate training on new content areas
- Research and analysis skills, e.g., ability to undertake reviews of the scientific literature
- Exquisite attention to detail, focused on accuracy and quality
- Project leadership, including client liaison and management of project teams, with a focus on budget and timelines, across therapy areas
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and drug development process
- Familiarity with clinical trials and basic biomedical statistics
- Comfortable in a client-facing role
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong time management skills and ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Basic understanding of health economics
- Experience with bibliographic referencing software EndNote/Reference Manager
- Desire to move towards increased project leadership and client interaction
Experience and educational requirements:
Advanced degree in life sciences, health economics, or a clinical discipline is preferred, e.g., PhD, PharmD, MD, MPH, MS or commensurate experience in medical writing/communications. Clinical degrees in nursing, nutrition, or other health professions, experienced candidates with a BS/BA are also open to consideration.
Evidera offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Our Bethesda office is conveniently located a few blocks from the Bethesda metro, local shops, and restaurants. This office also offers complimentary coffee & tea, breakfast on Fridays, frequent social events, and a spacious, quiet work environment. We are committed to providing training and professional development, with ample opportunity to advance for all our staff.
Evidera is a global research consulting group that partners with life sciences organizations worldwide to develop, capture, and communicate the clinical and economic evidence required to substantiate the value of their products and optimize their products’ market access and commercial success. Our research and consulting services are driven by world-class science and thought leadership and leverage a unique combination of capabilities in health economics, outcomes research, market access, data analytics, and epidemiology.
How to Apply
Please complete your online profile by attaching your CV and cover letter addressing your suitability for the role.