|Location||One Edwards Way, California|
|Date Posted||May 16, 2021|
Health Economics and Outcomes Research
|Job Level||Manager or Senior Manager|
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a premier Global Health Economics & Reimbursement (GHER) team that is playing a key role in the success of our Transcatheter Heart Valve (THV) therapies. As Manager, Global Health Economics & Reimbursement Strategy, you will assist in developing evidence-based value propositions and implementing market access strategies to support our THV business unit, with an emphasis on supporting market access outside of the US, especially in Europe. This position is based at the corporate headquarters in Irvine, California.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Support Market Access strategies to enhance global patient access to THV therapies.
- Develop materials to demonstrate product value including economic models, value dossiers, and slide presentations.
- Conduct health services research to quantify the clinical and economic impact of THV therapies.
- Work with Public Affairs, Medical Affairs, Marketing and Clinical Affairs to develop compelling HEOR value propositions.
- Provide appropriate support in educating sales, marketing, clinical, regulatory, and legal teams in other global offices to increase awareness and understanding of health economics and reimbursement competencies.
- Support the development of HTA submissions by leveraging key evidence and internal resources.
- Support effective and rapid communication with HTA and other key government bodies regarding the value of our products.
- Provide input to the interpretation of clinical, economic, and humanistic evidence relevant to the THV business.
- Present, discuss, and interpret health economic model results.
- Plan and support local economic model adaptations, especially with key clinical study results and statistical analyses.
- International travel up to 20%.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Economics or Health Economics & Policy with 10 years of work experience in HEOR, Market Access, Evidence Generation and/or Reimbursement.
- Formal training in health economics is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, especially presentation development; especially in regards to working across cultures.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and experience working with various internal business partners (especially Sales, Marketing, Medical Affairs, Clinical, Regulatory, Legal, and Government Affairs staff) to provide insight into key market access issues.
- Previous experience in or strong working knowledge of medical device industry, especially with functional responsibility in health economics and reimbursement planning and program implementation.
- Self-motivated and able to advance projects with limited supervision.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Health Economics or Health Economics & Policy focus is preferred.
- Medical device industry experience is highly preferred.
- Experience in evidence generation for market access in Europe is preferred.
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.