|Location||Anywhere, United States of America|
|Date Posted||July 6, 2022|
Real World Evidence or Evidence Development
|Job Level||Manager or Senior Manager|
|Other Locations||United States|
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. Join us and Apply today!
What you will be doing
As of August 24, 2021, AmerisourceBergen requires all U.S. team members to be fully vaccinated and show proof of completed vaccine status at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability/medical reason or sincerely held religious belief you will be required to follow AmerisourceBergen’s policy and process to apply for an exemption/accommodation.
This is a remote role for US-based candidates.
Under the general direction of senior leadership, contribute to the growth and demonstrate the value of Xcenda’s Real-world Evidence service line and Applied Data Analytics business unit through consulting activities and outcomes research engagements in support of our life science partners. The candidate will lead retrospective, observational studies from concept to final deliverable with some oversight from more senior staff, have strong understanding of various research methods used in HEOR studies, develop protocols and statistical analysis plans, provide strategic insights into client deliverables and discussions across the business unit, contribute to business plan development in the short and long term, and collaborate with colleagues throughout the organization demonstrating the value of observational databases across Xcenda’s book of business.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as project lead on health outcomes and / or epidemiology studies and supervise others on project team with some oversight from more senior staff.
- Leverage administrative claims, electronic medical record, or other real-world data and recommend optimal study design for health outcomes and / or epidemiology studies demonstrating the scientific rigor and use of best practices Xcenda is known for
- Provide strategic and scientific insights on studies to project teams across the business unit and during presentation of study findings to clients
- Develop high quality study protocols, statistical analysis plan, study report, and other study documents
- Recommend appropriate statistical methods on studies ranging from simple univariate statistical tests to complex modeling approaches
- Provide review and interpretation of study results generated by project analysts
- Oversees study budget and timeline for study deliverables
- Displays strong client management skills and builds client relationships
- Help drive new business by contributing to proposal development, capabilities presentations, internal chainlinking, and professional networking
- Contribute in Xcenda’s professional presence by participating in the development of white papers and manuscripts, conference presentations, and webinars.
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Masters or Doctorate degree in Health Economics, Biostatistics, Health Services or Health Outcomes Research, Epidemiology, Health Policy, or related field and a minimum of 2 years leading observational studies from concept and design through conduct, analysis, and reporting a must.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong knowledge and application of a broad range of outcomes research, economic, statistical, and epidemiological research methods.
- Strong understanding and experience conducting observational studies with administrative claims databases and electronic medical records.
- Ability to communicate complex material in oral presentations and discussions as well as written reports and publications in a straightforward manner
- Publications in peer-reviewed clinical, health outcomes research, and/or methodologic journals or at scientific, clinical, and/or health outcomes research conferences is preferred
- Prior experience programming in statistical analysis systems (SAS, STATA, and R) is preferred
- Experience working in life science consultancy, HEOR consultancy, or pharmaceutical industry is preferred
- Ability to work in fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong work ethic
- Functions as a team player
- Travel up to 10% of the time