|Location||east Hanover, NJ|
|Date Posted||February 28, 2022|
Real World Evidence or Evidence Development
|Job Level||Manager or Senior Manager|
|Other Locations||United States|
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. Join us and Apply today!
What you will be doing
As of August 24, 2021, AmerisourceBergen requires all U.S. team members to be fully vaccinated and show proof of completed vaccine status at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability/medical reason or sincerely held religious belief you will be required to follow AmerisourceBergen’s policy and process to apply for an exemption/accommodation.
This is a 100% remote, work- from- home role for candidates located in the United States.
Under the general direction of project engagement leads, the candidate will provide clinical and statistical programming expertise to health economics and outcomes research studies in support of pharmaceutical, biotech, and device technologies. The candidate will serve as the content developer for the implementation and reporting of burden of illness, comparative effectiveness, health resource utilization and cost studies and other database analyses within real-world evidence. Primary focus is on retrospective database analyses and data analytics. Analysis of prospective observational studies within real-world evidence and analytics support of projects within other Xcenda Service Lines is expected.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Serve as the analyst for health economics and outcomes research studies - from study initiation to final reporting - under the direction of the project engagement lead.
- Responsible for data validation and analytic file creation utilizing SAS, conduct of statistical analyses utilizing SAS, Stata, and other relevant software, and production of data tables and graphs using MS Excel, SAS, and Stata.
- Contribute to the development of SAS macros and other SAS and Stata programming standards and conventions to ensure consistency and efficiency across the department and to maintain the highest quality output consistent with Xcenda’s mission and vision.
- Conduct statistical analyses ranging from simple univariate statistical tests to complex modeling approaches.
- Conduct sample size and power analyses in support of proposal and protocol development.
- Conduct data queries and analyses for other Xcenda service lines (e.g., GHEOR, Reimbursement Strategy and Tactics, Strategic Market Insights).
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of all services
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Master or post-graduate degree (eg, PhD, DrPH, PharmD) in Health Economics, Biostatistics, Health Services Research, Epidemiology, Pharmacy Administration, or other relevant discipline, and a minimum of 3 years coding and developing analytic datasets and conducting statistical analyses.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Practical experience in database management and statistical analysis using SAS-BASE and SAS-STAT; Stata or R experience a plus.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the analysis of healthcare claims databases and/or electronic medical records.
- Broad technical knowledge of outcomes research and health economics
- Excellent writing and verbal skills with the ability to communicate complex material during presentations and discussions in a straightforward manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong work ethic
- Function as a team player
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.