|Location||Remote, United States of America|
|Date Posted||June 22, 2022|
Real World Evidence or Evidence Development
|Job Level||Manager or Senior Manager|
STATinMED Research (SIMR) provides research, consulting, and targeted communications to global pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and health information companies. All STATinMED Research consultants hold academic positions with prestigious universities. They bring academic and industrial expertise in health economics, pharmacoeconomics, clinical or outcomes research, research design, econometrics, statistics and biostatistics. At the core of STATinMED Research's mission is our continuing effort to help customers in the health care industry manage cost and improve the quality of care. Our strategy is to provide decision support tools to help our customers improve clinical and business performance.
The candidate will mentor the Statistical Analysis team in conducting analyses and research to produce results and identify solutions to provide support for project analytics. They will also provide quality control across all analytic phases of projects including data validation, review of programming code, and assessment of results in conjunction with the project manager, research team, and other members of the project team. The Statistical Analysis manager should also have a deep understanding of RWE/HEOR studies (e.g. RWE design & analyses, meta-analyses, predictive analytics, statistical comparisons, and indirect and mixed treatment comparisons) and applications throughout development process. Expert knowledge of Cox proportional hazards models, logistic regression, linear regression and generalized linear models and their implementation is essential. Expert level skills in SAS or R are also required. Previous experience with best practices, documentation and SOPs is a plus.
The Manager of Statistical Analytics will be responsible for supporting SIMRs research by providing oversight over the generation of scientific evidence and support publications for our pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device clients.
- Provide support to the Statistical Analysis team, lead scientists, and other staff throughout the project life cycle.
- Extensive knowledge of various healthcare data types including claims, EMR, hospital discharge, etc.
- Proactively address complex analytical issues. Handle unforeseen circumstances and actively monitor and apply new analytical techniques.
- Interact with cross-functional team members at a project level, including the research team and project management teams.
- Provide leadership, direction, guidance, and coaching for statistical analysts in all aspects of client projects, including responsibility for the quality of client deliverables.
- Review deliverables from the Statistical Analysis team for accuracy. Ensure quality control is maintained and that project materials such as programming code, analytic files, and SAS logs are properly archived.
- Provide guidance to the research team and clients on analytic approaches that are appropriate to project work as needed.
- Develop analytic approaches in alignment with key internal stakeholders that address data gaps.
- Collaborate with the research team and medical writers to provide RWE input on manuscripts and other similar deliverables and review RWE-related publications for technical accuracy and quality of technical literature review.
- Work to proactively address potential issues or concerns related to analytic deliverables.
- Work with the data manager to develop best practices and guidelines for the data claims analysis and statistical analysis teams and assist in enforcement of these guidelines.
- Assisting in the professional development and training for research and statistical analysis staff. Mentoring statistical analytics team members.
- Work with directors to ensure project staffing a balanced workload on their team.
- Evaluation of statistical analytics staff performance.
- Exceptional technical and problem-solving skills, including advanced statistical modeling and understanding SAS or R programming requirements for RWE and HEOR study designs.
- Demonstrated ability to work in different types of datasets, analyzing data tied to study designs with the appropriate statistical methods, and interpret results in the context of peer reviewed publications.
- Experience in managing resources and driving implementation of the analytic portion of project study designs.
- Exceptional leadership skills with experience in mentoring and training teams of 3-4 direct reports.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in working with both internal and external technical teams.
- Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions independently and to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills for coaching and mentoring team members.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders both internally and externally (clients).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Expert knowledge of healthcare data and methods of data manipulation and analysis. Master's Degree in any of the following fields: Biostatistics/Statistics, Epidemiology, Health & Outcomes Research, Pharmacy, Pharmacy Administration, Public Health, or Economics or a similar degree and 3-5 years’ experience in the healthcare industry.
- Expert knowledge of SAS and R (preferably SAS certified) as well as commonly used RWE/HEOR study designs and analytical methods.
- Experience with multiple healthcare data sources, must have claims experience.
- At least 2 years’ experience managing a team of at least 2-3 direct reports in a healthcare consultancy and experience tracking staff utilization.
- Previous experience with best practices, documentation and SOPs is a plus.