|Date Posted||April 5, 2021|
Medical Writing and Communications
|Job Level||Manager or Senior Manager|
|Other Locations||United States|
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient-focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
Under the direction of senior leadership, the candidate will develop and manage scientific and medical writing content to support pharmaceutical, biotech, and device technologies. The candidate will also serve as a clinical resource for the implementation of medical, outcomes, quality improvement, and market research across multiple Xcenda teams.
These value and access communication projects include, but are not limited to, the following: product dossiers for reimbursement and access (in the United States and global), literature reviews, abstracts and posters for presentation, peer-reviewed publications, and Microsoft PowerPoint slide decks.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Content Development (~80% of duties):
- Serve as the primary medical writer for product formulary dossiers, including dossiers following the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) Format, WellPoint Format, and global reimbursement dossiers, among others (in MS Word)
- Serve as the primary researcher on literature review engagements
- Serve as the primary medical writer for peer-reviewed publications including manuscripts, conference abstracts, and posters (authorship opportunities exist, but cannot be guaranteed), as well as white papers
- Develop content for clinical and scientific presentations (in MS PowerPoint)
- Provide clinical support (eg, literature search) and medical writing support for health economics and outcomes research activities, such as economic model conceptualization, planning, and implementation of outcomes studies, market research, proposals or new business development, or other clinical activities
Client Focus (~20% of duties):
- Serve as the client manager on value and access communications projects, including the coordination and integration of scientific and medical input from internal team members and external clients to meet project deadlines, and the provision of clinical and/or strategic review of internal team member deliverables prior to delivery to clients
- Creates and executes action plans to advance projects, allocating work and anticipating or identifying and resolving problems
- Assumes responsibility for on-time and on-budget delivery of projects, while maintaining high-quality standards
Communication / Collaboration:
- Assist in the development and sharing of writing and publication best practices to ensure and maintain the highest quality output consistent with Xcenda’s mission and vision
- Support goals for business unit/service line growth
- Ensures timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of all services
- Works with and contributes to project team to complete projects
- Maintains approximately 80% chargeability
Advanced clinical degree (eg, MD, PharmD, Ph.D.) in a relevant discipline as the minimum educational requirement with at least 2 years of practical experience.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong clinical skills
- Strong writing skills, with a demonstrated record of scientific/medical publication
- Familiarity with scientific literature and proficiency with scientific literature databases (eg, MEDLINE, EMBASE)
- Familiarity with clinical trial design and statistics and their application to the interpretation and presentation of clinical data
- Detail-oriented and experienced with fact-checking and copy-editing
- Structured and well organized with excellent work ethic
- Good organizational skills, working multiple projects at a time
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and maintain high quality work output in a fast-paced dynamic environment while working on multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to work within teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and experience with issues surrounding the marketing of pharmaceutical products in the global marketplace to include the design and use of health economics and outcomes research studies
- Strong project management skills, including establishing project timelines and milestones
- Ability to communicate complex material in presentations and discussions in a straightforward manner
- Ability to network and partner with external customers, including pharmaceutical companies, medical thought leaders, academic institutions, large group practices, medical directors, and pharmacy directors
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and associated software
- Travel requirements <10%
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse, and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
- Healthcare for associates and eligible dependents, same-sex and domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Pet insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Retirement benefits and more…
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position, and/or business unit.
AmerisourceBergen is a publicly-traded Fortune 10 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.