|Location||United States, United States of America|
|Date Posted||May 15, 2022|
Health Economics and Outcomes Research
|Job Level||Manager or Senior Manager|
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. Join us and Apply today!
What you will be doing
As of August 24, 2021, AmerisourceBergen requires all U.S. team members to be fully vaccinated and show proof of completed vaccine status at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability/medical reason or sincerely held religious belief you will be required to follow AmerisourceBergen’s policy and process to apply for an exemption/accommodation.
Xcenda is a premier, full-service health economics and market access consultancy. For more than 2 decades, global healthcare companies have turned to Xcenda for strategic insights and market access support. We help manufacturers successfully commercialize innovative medical treatments and technologies in complex and cost-constrained global markets. Our broad, yet strategically connected, array of consulting services supports all phases of the product life cycle.
This is a remote, role for US-based candidates.
Under general direction of the Value & Access Strategy (VAS) team, the candidate will conduct and contribute to projects relating to value access frameworks (VAF), with a particular focus on US markets and appraisals conducted by the Institute for Clinical and Economic Review (ICER), to support pharmaceutical, biotech, and device technologies’ evidence generation, value proposition, market access, and pricing and reimbursement needs. The candidate will also contribute frequently to other related projects in market access, value demonstration and health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) potentially including: Brand planning engagements, Value proposition creation (for client products to payers, providers, HTA decision-makers, and other stakeholders such as patients and policymakers), Commercialization strategy and Message testing /HEOR-focused payer market research, Evidence generation planning.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Content Development (~70% of duties):
- Develop competitive landscape/situational assessments, targeted literature reviews, gap analyses, market access/HEOR/evidence generation strategies, scenario planning, and critical evaluations of ICER appraisal methodologies (eg, scoping documents, analysis plans, draft reports) to understand the competitive market landscape, inform product strategy, and optimize market access and product uptake
- Develop value propositions and evidence generation roadmaps to ensure manufacturer clients have a compelling value story AND the right evidence at the right time to support their product’s value proposition to payers, providers, and other key stakeholders.
- Develop, conduct, or guide strategic plans to assist clients in preparing for and responding to ICER evaluations
- Research, monitor, and review the evolving VAF landscape to support timely updates to clients and payers; actively contribute to VAF-related communication initiatives and Xcenda content marketing
- Help support the training of peers in the understanding of VAF, particularly relating to ICER (in the US) and other relevant VAFs
- Develop and/or review project reports and slide decks, and scientific publications
- Contribute to development of proposals, project budgets, and project timelines
Client Focus (~30% of duties):
- Participate in and/or lead VAF-focused projects as a client-facing contact
- Provide technical expertise to project team
- Participate in calls with current and potential clients (sales calls)
- Support new business development for the VAS team through participation in chainlinking, building and maintaining strong client relationships, supporting proposal writing, developing content for client presentations, etc.
Communication / Collaboration:
- Assist in the development and sharing of VAF best practices to ensure and maintain the highest quality output consistent with Xcenda’s mission and vision
- Support goals for business unit/service line growth
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of all services
- Work with and contribute to project team to complete projects
- Maintain 70% chargeability
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
A postgraduate degree (eg, Ph.D., DrPH, M.D., Pharm.D., MPH, Masters) in a relevant discipline preferred. Graduate degree (in Health Economics, Outcomes Research, Pharmacy Administration, Biostatistics, Health Services Research, Clinical Epidemiology, Public Health Policy, or Business Administration) and/or specific exposure to health economics and outcomes research acquired through work experience or coursework as the minimum educational requirement with at least 3+ years of practical experience.
Past work experience including at least 3+ years (may include internship or school rotation) in at least one of the following:
- The biopharmaceutical industry in a health economics and outcomes research and/or market access focused role
- Consulting, in a health economics and outcomes research and/or market access focused role
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of particular field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments
• Broad technical knowledge of outcomes research and health economics
• Structured and well organized
• Excellent writing skills as well as the ability to communicate complex material in presentations and discussions in a straightforward manner
• Ability to work well in a dynamic, successful consulting firm, which maintains high quality standards and demands excellence
• Database management and analytical and statistical skills
• Economic modeling skills
• Medical writing skills
• Experience developing outcomes research/health economics study protocols
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong clinical skills preferred
• Strong work ethic
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.