|Date Posted||September 13, 2021|
|Job Level||Manager or Senior Manager|
|Salary||$50000-$85000 based on experience.|
|Other Locations||Solana Beach|
The Marketing Manager of Connected Communities™ is a full-time position responsible for development and execution of marketing initiatives for two areas: the new Scientist.com Connected Community™ and the HealthEconomics.Com division, a member company of Scientist.com.
Reporting to the Vice President of Evidence & Content, this role will work across departments and member companies. This position requires diverse strengths, including strategic insight for conceiving, implementing and assessing a launch plan for the Connected Community™ and ongoing marketing strategy and tactics for HealthEconomics.Com.
In addition to identifying the marketing message, you will also be expected to develop a customer acquisition funnel, support the customer retention, loyalty, and growth strategy in partnership with business development and customer experience teams. The ideal candidate should have a strong expertise in building new digital ecosystems, skills in performance marketing, a strategic mindset, deep channel knowledge, and the ability to collaborate effectively with in-house teams.
A knowledge of pharmaceutical drug development and marketing is beneficial, and specific knowledge of digital marketing in pharmaceutical R&D and commercialization is desired.
- Manage the platform marketing strategy and tactics by partnering with internal corporate marketing teams and other strategic departments to conceptualize and implement program activities.
- Develop marketing content for platform launches, clients, vendors and service area expansions
- Coordinate with internal team and third parties to complete projects
- Manage email campaigns, email lists, and customer relationship management tool
- Develop digital content (webpages, newsletters, marketing collateral, internal strategy documents)
- Improve experience of Connected Community™ online engagement ecosystem (Hivebrite)
- Conceptualize and create engaging social posts and campaigns to build relationships and grow our audiences across social channels (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Occasionally creating basic landing pages with 3rd party applications
- Other tasks as assigned
- BA/BS in a scientific, marketing or business field (or equivalent work experience)
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in digital marketing and/or growing an engaged digital community
- Life-science background is required; drug R&D and pharmaceutical commercialization knowledge is helpful
- Highly motivated, proactive, and solution-oriented
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and integrate well with colleagues across other functions and geographic locations
- This position may be filled by a remote employee (US location preferred) or the employee may work in our Solana Beach, California office
Benefits & Perks
- Full medical and dental coverage
- 401K matching
- Competitive salary
- Stock options at a rapid-growing start-up company
- For on-site employees:
- Dynamic, hot-desk office with a great employee community
- Kombucha, cold brew coffee and company surfboards!
Scientist.com is the world’s largest marketplace for medical research. We help pharmaceutical scientists discover life-saving medicines in less time and at lower cost. Our mission is to make it possible to cure all human disease by 2050.
By connecting scientists and enabling them to exchange ideas and transact seamlessly online, Scientist.com is speeding up and reducing the cost of medical research. We were founded in 2007, launched our first research outsourcing marketplace in 2008 and built our first enterprise marketplace for Pfizer in 2009. Today, we operate enterprise marketplaces for 20 of the world’s top 30 pharmaceutical companies, 80 biotechnology companies and the US National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Named as Inc. Magazines Best Workplaces 2018 & 2019 and 9th Fastest Growing Company in the U.S. 2018, we are seeking talented, creative, and hard-working individuals who want to transform how research is done and help speed the discovery of new cures in oncology, neuroscience, cardiovascular, and thousands of other common and rare diseases.