|Date Posted||June 16, 2022|
Medical Writing and Communications
Analysis Group is one of the largest economics consulting firms, with more than 1,000 professionals across 14 offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. Since 1981, we have provided expertise in economics, finance, health care analytics, and strategy to top law firms, Fortune Global 500 companies, and government agencies worldwide. Our internal experts, together with our network of affiliated experts from academia, industry, and government, offer our clients exceptional breadth and depth of expertise.
The Medical Writer will support health care case teams with translating health outcomes research into effective message development and communications for a client’s internal and external audiences. These materials include manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals, abstracts for scientific conferences, and reports for regulatory submissions on health and pharmaceutical related issues in the area of health economics and outcomes research (HEOR), epidemiology and safety, and health policy.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the major issues studied in a HEOR project and be able to critically evaluate the findings of a project and compare these within the chosen field. HEOR writers must be able to understand all aspects of projects, including study design, data sources, data analysis, data interpretation/discussion, and communication. The position requires excellent writing skills, a working knowledge of statistics, and broad familiarity with pharmacoeconomic modeling.
Experience in a variety of disease areas (such as asthma, cardiovascular disease, cerebrovascular disease, critical care, diabetes, gastroenterology, hepatitis, HIV/AIDS, incontinence, infectious disease, mental health, pain, obesity, and oncology) is preferable, but not required.
Essential Primary Functions:
- Produce high quality and timely communication materials (e.g., manuscripts, reports, abstracts).
- Must be able to grasp quickly the objective of a study and the targeted messaging based on background materials provided (e.g., study report, manuscript outline).
- Must be able to work smoothly as an integrated component of various case teams and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Essential Secondary Functions:
- Effectively edit, proofread, and format all client messaging deliverables as well as occasional internal documents such as training manuals.
- Handle all aspects of a manuscript submission and follow up with journal editors; manage projects to ensure that authors respect deadlines and respond to comments promptly and effectively.
- Review, critique, and revise written summaries of analytical work prepared by consultant case teams.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute a reader's perspective and constructive criticism to analytical team to optimize the quality of the written messaging.
- Participate in the development of standard approaches to manuscript writing and content development.
- Act as a resource to colleagues to help them improve their writing and data presentation skills in the development of tables, graphs and other material ultimately incorporated into client messaging documents.
- Candidates should have an advanced degree in biomedical, life sciences, or related but more quantitative fields, such as health economics, biostatistics, and epidemiology. All candidates must have a clear understanding of statistical reporting guidelines for peer-reviewed publications.
- 3-5 years of experience in a technical and/or scientific writing position in the life sciences or healthcare economics fields. Publication of peer-reviewed articles and advanced degree theses will be considered for this role.
- Excellent writing abilities. Must be able to write clearly and concisely, and to explain complex scientific information to the general public, as well as to scientific peers.
- Familiarity with scientific manuscript writing and format. Must be able to understand and quickly synthesize economic and clinical information
- Familiarity with medical terminology and clinical trial design (theoretical knowledge is sufficient). Must be able to rapidly research various health-related research areas, absorb, and synthesize the information in short time frames.
- Familiarity with some reference manager software (EndNote, Reference Manager, Mendeley, Citavi, etc.). Must be able to produce fully referenced content and to adapt easily to new technologies and methodologies.
- Extensive experience with standard MS Office Suite software, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Advanced document design skills (e.g., style, page, and document design) preferred.
- Excellent time and project management skills, as well as team working skills. Must be able to prioritize and meet overlapping deadlines, take ownership of task schedules, as well as work well with multiple teams on separate projects.
To be considered, we ask that all candidates submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae through our website.