|Date Posted||June 12, 2019|
Health Economics and Outcomes Research
|Job Level||Manager or Senior Manager|
|Other Locations||Watertown, MA|
HealthCore, Inc., a health services research firm, is seeking a Research Manager with experience in the healthcare consulting or biopharmaceutical industry to join our dynamic company. Founded in 1996, and now an independentlyoperating subsidiary of Anthem, Inc., HealthCore provides the health care system, biopharmaceutical industry, academia, and the Federal Government with "real-world" data to improve the quality, safety, and affordability of healthcare.
HealthCore’s projects range from retrospective to large-scale, prospective studies in the areas of drug, vaccine, and medical device safety surveillance, risk management, pharmacoepidemiology, health outcomes, pharmacoeconomics, and comparative effectiveness research. We are currently seeking a Research Manager to join our Health Economics and Outcomes Research team in either our Wilmington, DE, or Watertown, MA.
The Research Manager will function as a project manager and collaborate with researchers, scientists, and senior leadership to manage the execution of health outcomes studies for a portfolio of clients in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Lead, coordinate, facilitate, and motivate research project teams to ensure performance of projects according to contracted scope of work, budget, and timelines.
- Facilitate and lead effective research project team and client meetings, lead the development and delivery of agendas and minutes, and serve as the point of contact for administrative and operational activities for project teams and clients.
- Assist in development of study deliverables and ensure the editorial and quality review of scientific protocols, reports, and presentations.
- Liaise with business development, regulatory, legal, finance, and research data departments to support proposal development, project contracting, and invoicing.
- Lead or support continuous improvement initiatives to improve existing or establish new processes.
- Manage client expectations and proactively identify operational challenges and obstacles within project teams, ensure risks have appropriate mitigation and contingency plans, and manage escalation and resolution of issues to senior leadership.
- In collaboration with senior leadership, inform resource planning and revenue forecasts for projects to manage project workload and productivity.
This position requires a masters or doctoral level degree in business, public health, epidemiology, health services research, or related discipline (e.g., MS, MPH, PharmD, PhD) and 3-4 years of experience in health services research, or related discipline. Project management experience in planning and organizing clinical research projects in the biopharmaceutical and/or health care consulting industry is desired. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- Very strong organizational skills and a proactive, forward-thinking approach to problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Excellent communication (facilitation, presentation, verbal, and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Self-directed and resourceful with the ability to work on several assignments simultaneously and thrive in a fast-paced environment of continual change.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Strategic skills and implementation of ideas to improve processes and gain efficiencies.
- Knowledge and application of project management methodologies and tools (e.g., Microsoft Project, project scope, cost, and schedule management, etc.).
Working at HealthCore In addition to a dynamic work environment, HealthCore offers a competitive salary and an outstanding benefits program including a 401(k) plan; health, dental, and vision insurance; discounted fitness club membership; life, AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance coverage; tuition assistance, and an employee stock purchase plan and free parking. As an independently operating subsidiary of Anthem, HealthCore offers the resources of the nation’s leading health benefits company in a small company environment.
HealthCore is headquartered in Wilmington, DE, midway between New York City and Washington, DC, with offices in Andover, MA and Alexandria, VA. To learn more about us or apply for a position, please visit http://www.healthcore.com/. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran