|Date Posted||December 4, 2019|
Health Economics and Outcomes Research
|Job Level||Manager or Senior Manager|
|Other Locations||Alexandria, Watertown|
HealthCore, Inc., is currently seeking a Research Manager
Joining the HealthCore team means advancing evidence-based care, because better informed clinical practice and standards of care will strengthen our entire healthcare system, improve patient lives, and strengthen communities. This position will support our broad range of expertise including clinical research and registries, health economics and outcomes research, safety and epidemiology research, program evaluation, comparative effectiveness, econometric and other modeling programs, and digital research solutions. Our broad spectrum of skills and expertise are founded on scientific rigor and grounded in unparalleled data assets. In combination, these form a powerful research ecosystem in which we can identify the right questions, evaluate efficiently, and analyze to make impactful decisions across the health care continuum, from treatment development through care delivery.
Responsible for execution and day-to-day oversight of a broad spectrum of health economic/outcomes research, ranging from traditional claims-based retrospective analyses to prospective studies under the direction of senior staff for HealthCore clients.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Develops proposals and contributes to design of the research studies to fulfill study objectives.
- Implements study design and statistical analyses plans utilizing health economic and advanced statistical techniques.
- Conducts review of data analysis and statistical output throughout study life cycle to ensure accuracy of final results.
- Summarizes key findings and generates value messages for incorporation into project deliverables, publications, and presentations.
- Prepares study reports and manuscripts for submissions to peer-review journals.
- Collaborates with analysts, clinicians, medical writers, subcontractors, and other support staff to bring high quality proposals, reports, presentations, publications, and other milestones to fruition.
- Performs project management, with a focus on timeline and budget adherence.
- Represents HealthCore as required in communicating health outcomes research to internal and external customers, and in front of scientific and industry audiences.
Requires a MS, MPH, PharmD, or other related advanced degree; 3-4 years of experience in health services research, epidemiology, health policy, health economics, pharmacoepidemiology, pharmacy administration or related field; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Ph.Dpreferred. Managed care, PBM, pharmaceutical, or related experience is strongly preferred. Ability to manage multiple projects of various sizes concurrently required. Ability to interpret and clearly communicate study results to clients required.
As part of this dynamic work environment HealthCore offers a competitive salary and an outstanding benefits program which includes a 401(k) plan; health, dental and vision insurance; discounted fitness club membership; life, AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance coverage; tuition assistance, and free parking.
HealthCore is headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, with offices in Watertown and Andover Massachusetts, and Alexandria, Virginia. As an independent operating subsidiary of Anthem, Inc., HealthCore offers the resources of the nation’s leading health benefits company in a small company environment.
For additional information, please visit www.healthcore.com.
An equal opportunity employer/Gender/Disability/Veteran