|Date Posted||April 6, 2021|
|Other Locations||London, UK; Flexible|
Research Scientist – Patient Preferences
*We are looking to fill this role in Bethesda, MD, London, or remotely.
Evidera is seeking a Research Associate III to join its growing scientific staff in the Patient-Centered Research (PCR) group. The PCR group combines a unique portfolio of scientific disciplines, including health sciences, psychology, psychometrics, epidemiology, and many other social sciences. This is an exciting and varied role in which you will contribute to projects focused on the selection, development, evaluation, and implementation of Clinical Outcome Assessments (COAs) and Patient-Reported Outcomes (PROs). Our projects allow engagement with patients and key stakeholders in all aspects of medical decision-making, with a growing emphasis on patient-engagement and patient-centered evidence. You will be joining a team well-known for the quality of its science, extensive publication track record and excellent relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs).
As a Research Scientist, you will be an independent PI, with scientific and strategic responsibility for preference and/or multi-criteria decision analysis studies (MCDA) projects; delegating project management tasks to more junior scientific staff. You will oversee and participate in a large project portfolio, innovate scientifically, produces output of high scientific quality, and assume significant responsibilities for sales targets and client development.
You would be joining a fast growing, successful team, operating at the cutting edge of the science of incorporating stakeholder preferences into health care decision making. We have developed an innovative, collaborative culture, aimed at developing and sharing good practice in preference research, both internally and externally. We are looking for someone who will thrive as a leading member of this team, shaping our science, and with the relationships and reputation to boost our sales.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Deep and demonstrated understanding of preference elicitation techniques, such as discrete choice experiments (DCE), best-worst scaling (BWS), or swing weighting.
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements and guidelines.
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to direct large portfolio of projects in terms of dollar volume and number of projects.
- Able to provide oversight, management, and mentoring to more junior staff.
- Excellent ability to develop and maintain client relationships.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills: scientific, professional, and consulting.
- Ability to develop positive, collegial, and productive relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Excellent time management and logistic skills to be highly effective in fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment.
- Leads studies of high scientific quality, presenting scientific work in peer-reviewed journals and at professional meetings
- Provides scientific leadership to team members, and contributes to the development of the way that preference methods are delivered by the team.
- Develops and maintains client relationships.
- Identifies scientific methods/plans that help clients meet their goals.
- Helps clients prepare for regulatory meetings and attend regulatory meetings with clients as requested.
Financial & Business Development
- Brings in proposal leads.
- Writes proposals and managing proposal writing process.
- Closes sales.
- Responsible for ensuring client timelines are met.
- Responsible for ensuring project does not to exceed contracted budget.
PCR Operations Support
- Supervises mid- level scientific staff.
- Develops and presents internal scientific trainings.
- Participates in staff recruitment efforts (phone screening, interviewing, attending presentations, etc.).
- Conforms to SOPs and other requirements.
- Actively supports new product development and scientific innovation.
Minimum Education Level/Years of Experience
- Doctorate in scientific discipline and more than 3-5 years’ experience in relevant field; or
- Master’s degree in scientific discipline and more than 5-7 years’ experience in relevant field
Computer programming or software skills required for position
- MS Word, PPT, Excel; familiarity with SAS or similar data analysis software
Specific skills or knowledge required for position
- Deep understanding of health outcomes research/patient preference principles and familiarity with key aspects of the literature (historical and current)
- Advanced level understanding of relevant methodology and statistics
- Extensive knowledge of practical research implementation
- Well-developed communication skills and scientific writing skills
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates ability to independently manage, oversee, and/or lead a variety of project-related tasks and effectively delegates tasks to project team
- Demonstrates ability to manage client relationships
- Collaborative team member, capable of efficient multi-tasking
Evidera is a business within in Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC (PPD) a leading global contract research organization (CRO), and a is a preeminent provider of evidence-based solutions. We provide integrated scientific expertise and global operational capabilities to help clients generate the evidence needed to optimize the market access and commercial potential of products.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, with clear opportunities for growth and career progression. You will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects with some of the industry’s leading researchers. Our offices boast a fun and collaborative working environment, frequent social events and a robust support system. We are committed to providing training and professional development, with ample opportunity to advance, for all our staff.
Evidera’s Core Competencies:
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving/Judgment
If you resonate with our core competencies and want to contribute to research and consulting services driven by world-class science and thought leadership, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.
Evidera, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, gender preference, disability, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.