|Location||Remote, United States of America|
|Date Posted||October 8, 2021|
Medical Writing and Communications
Are you a medical writer with 6 years’ experience in a medical communications agency? Are you looking for an opportunity to join an agency with an industry-leading heritage and continuing dynamic evolution? If so, we want to hear from you!
As a Scientific Director with Envision Scientific Solutions and leader on our elite medical writing team, you will function as a Scientific Director-level content specialist, scientific account lead or scientific team lead. The focus of your work will depend on your preferences and our business needs. Working as part of a multidisciplinary team, you will drive the delivery of high-quality medical communications projects for our global pharmaceutical clients. With previous agency experience, you will know how to deliver the highest quality service to your clients and, with well-developed project management skills and a proactive approach, you will aim to exceed the expectations of the clients and external experts you support.
• Depending on the account team you are assigned to, responsibilities may be focused on content delivery, scientific account leadership, or team leadership (including line management and professional development support for the team)
• With a detailed knowledge of assigned therapeutic area(s), client and competitor product(s), the compliance/regulatory environment, and international standards for disclosing medical/scientific content, you will lead and provide strategic direction for a work stream, account, or portfolio of accounts
• Plan resources to ensure effective project delivery
• Develop and drive high-quality, scientifically-accurate, strategically-aligned, ethical, and compliant content to meet client briefs across a variety of project types
• Plan and run client meetings and teleconferences
• Ensure internal and client-driven processes and procedures are followed to deliver projects, to agreed specifications and deadlines
• Provide guidance/mentorship and internal peer review, as appropriate
• Drive scientific content for new business proposals
Skills and experience required
• An advanced degree (or equivalent relevant experience) in a life sciences or clinical discipline.
• At least 6 years’ proven medical communications experience
• A keen eye for detail encompassing scientific content and editorial standards
• Demonstrable passion for writing, with a strong command of the English language
• Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas, both orally and in writing
• Strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to interact confidently with colleagues, clients, and external experts
• Ability to manage own workload across multiple projects to deliver to time and budget
• For relevant Team or Account Lead roles, proven project team and/or line management experience as appropriate
• Familiarity with the use of online and other data sources
• Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite