|Location||Remote, United States of America|
|Date Posted||December 3, 2021|
|Job Level||Director or Senior Director|
|Other Locations||United States|
As of August 24, 2021, AmerisourceBergen requires all U.S. team members to be fully vaccinated and show proof of completed vaccine status at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability/medical reason or sincerely held religious belief you will be required to follow AmerisourceBergen’s policy and process to apply for an exemption/accommodation.
Xcenda is a top global market access consultancy with a 20+ year history of aggressive growth and innovation. We transform evidence, policy insights and market intelligence into effective global market access strategies. Under general direction of the assigned manager, the Sr. Director/Director of NBD will be responsible for establishing and maintaining ongoing strategic business relations between Xcenda and various pharmaceutical manufacturer customers. More specifically, they will be responsible for developing relationships and securing business with new customers, as well as increasing revenues and profits with existing customers. This will require robust industry knowledge, effective consultative selling skills and ability to work closely and collaboratively with all Xcenda service lines to increase business, chain link opportunities and assist with pull through of deliverables by effectively managing the client relationship.
The Sr. Director/Director of NBD will consult and provide perspective for the overall commercialization plan of the drug candidate with the application of health economics and outcomes research along with payer/reimbursement strategy and pull through. This includes strategies concentrated on Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Real-World Evidence, Market Access, and Reimbursement, Global Market Intelligence, and Health Policy. In addition, the Sr. Director of NBD will work across the AmerisourceBergen enterprise to support the Manufacturer Commercialization Services (MCS) team to expand the new business into multiple business units with a comprehensive offering utilizing an OneAB approach.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive proactive outreach (80% individual/20% team) to new contacts and companies to create new sales opportunities (70% of time)
- Lead proactive outreach to existing client base across POD and Key Accounts (30% of time)
- Cultivate meaningful and long term relationships with new and existing clients
- Consistently meets or exceeds individual sales goals
- Makes significant contributions to team sales goals to exceed forecast
- Coordinate with service line sales leads (SLSL) and then with assigned subject matter expert (SME) to pull-through service line specific proposals
- Effectively coordinate with sales operations on proposal development and pull through
- Serve as primary point of contact for the client for cross-functional proposals and engagements to optimize communication internally and with the client
- Input and update all sales activity into SalesForce and/or other assigned data base
- Ensures opportunities and client information are entered into SalesForce and/or other assigned data base in a timely and accurate manner
- Coordinate with marketing and sales operations to follow up on marketing qualified leads (MQL)
- Prepare and deliver capabilities presentations as needed
- Responsible for developing strategic plans to exceed set goals and forecast
- Serves as the sales SME within Xcenda and collaborates cross-functionally to win new business
- Performs related duties as assigned
This role is 100% remote for candidates located in the United States.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, sales, marketing, pharmacy science, or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four-year bachelor's degree program. Health care marketing, business development, and account-based sales experience preferred: selling to or working with brand or customer marketing managers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or device industry is also preferred.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Ideally 12-15 years of experience in pharmaceutical sales and marketing (or other applicable areas) with an emphasis in managed markets strategy
2. Proven ability in sales management, sales planning and goal setting, successful strategic and consultative selling techniques, and related information for pharma, biotech, and medical device companies and at least three years experience selling consulting services to healthcare manufacturers
3. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, for the purpose of preparing reports and disseminating information and at least five years of experience (or more than 20 instances) speaking publicly and/or presenting to clients on topics related to Xcenda’s service offering
4. Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain cooperative working and business relationships
5. Strong presentation skills; ability to train others in this area
6. Ability to interpret industry t rends and competitive information and develop strategies and tactics to respond to changes in the marketplace
7. Strong analytical and mathematical skills
8. Strong creativity skills; focused and disciplined
9. Working knowledge of computers necessary to operate effectively with company systems and programs