Senior Financial Analyst
|Location||Remote, United States of America|
|Date Posted||May 4, 2023|
|Job Level||Analyst or Senior Analyst|
|Sponsorship available?||Not Applicable|
STATinMED provides research, consulting, and targeted communications to global pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and health information companies. Since 2007, we have helped healthcare companies discover, develop and deliver real-world evidence. Our approach and data offerings are foremost in the industry based on hundreds of combined experience years, and more than 900 peer-reviewed publications in dozens of therapeutic areas. We listen and leverage more data from more sources in less time, to align business needs for better, faster insights, customized solutions, and successful partnerships.
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for managing accounting tasks to include invoicing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, expense reports, purchase orders, month-end journal entries, balance sheet analysis and reconciliation, financial statements, preparing and defending annual financial audit requirements, tax compliance, corporate recordkeeping, and document control. In addition, the Senior Financial Analyst contributes to finance tasks such as the development of the Annual Operating Plan, analyzing and communicating financial results and variances, maintaining revenue recognition and forecast models, creating regular and ad hoc internal financial reports, assisting with the preparation of monthly financial presentations, and identifying opportunities for financial process improvement.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct or oversee accounts payable, credit card reconciliations, purchase orders, recording of banking transactions, basic reconciliations, and accounting schedules as requested.
- Manage accounts receivable operations to include client approval and communication, client portal access and invoice preparation; updating trackers and ERP as appropriate; follow up with clients to ensure timely and accurate payment.
- Research any unbilled issues to optimize the billing possibilities for the billing period.
- Oversee billing dossier maintenance for each client and adhere to individualized client billing requirements.
- Manage the review and process of travel expense report submissions, including monitoring travel costs within company travel policy and obtaining appropriate approval.
- Review and record corporate credit card transactions, including monitoring for policy adherence and obtaining appropriate approvals.
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries.
- Analyze balance sheet accounts monthly.
- Analyze and report data revenue, data spends, related revenue recognition; special consultant or client arrangements.
- Produce financial statements on a timely basis to enable Leadership review.
- Analyze financial results to ensure proper accounting, coding, balance sheet account balances, and reserves.
- Create and maintain complex Excel models to track and predict project revenue.
- Compare financial results to budget, forecast, or expected results to identify fluctuations or opportunities for Leadership.
- Explain significant income statement and balance sheet variances for all reporting periods.
- Assist with the creation of monthly financial presentations to the Board of Directors.
- Provide recommendations and implement improved processes in the Accounting and Finance function.
- Prepare and defend all support for annual financial audit.
- Research and implement any new GAAP initiatives.
- Maintain and update Accounting Policies according to current GAAP.
- Support management with maintaining tax compliance.
- Support management in preparation of and subsequent reconciliation to the Annual Operating Plan.
- Prepare and send internal and external reports as identified and reviewed by management.
- Control and organize corporate documents.
- Support Sr. Director, Finance in completion of Finance and Accounting functions as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 7 or more years of related experience, preferably with a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and QuickBooks Online.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, PowerPoint, and Teams.
- Experience with cloud-based ERP system a plus.
- Demonstrated bookkeeping and data entry capabilities.
- Understanding of and experience with handling confidential information.
- Ability to work effectively in a remote office arrangement with consistent availability during Central Time business hours.
- Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical, HEOR experience preferred but not required.
Why join STATinMED?
We believe in the importance of our team members and the obligation to empower the team to contribute to our collective success.
We believe in creating a culture of Operational Excellence to achieve superior performance at all levels.
To achieve this, we operate in a state of continuous improvement, using a holistic approach to include systems understanding and documentation, onboarding, training, communication, placing the right people in the right positions, and providing team member connection and support.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer