|Location||Remote, United States of America|
|Date Posted||May 18, 2022|
Real World Evidence or Evidence Development
|Job Level||Manager or Senior Manager|
STATinMED Research provides research, consulting, and targeted communications to global pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and health information companies. All STATinMED Research consultants hold academic positions with prestigious universities. They bring academic and industrial expertise in health economics, pharmacoeconomics, clinical or outcomes research, research design, econometrics, statistics and biostatistics. At the core of STATinMED Research's mission is our continuing effort to help customers in the health care industry manage cost and improve the quality of care. Our strategy is to provide decision support tools to help our customers improve clinical and business performance. The Manager/Senior Manager, RWE will lead and manage all aspects of real-world evidence (RWE) projects from original concept through the final implementation, including research design, data management, data analysis and interpretation, report development, and publication development
The Sr Manager/Manager, RWE role is responsible for leading multiple RWE, outcomes research and health economic studies and managing/mentoring junior research analysts. The potential candidate will have outstanding client-facing skills, excellent communication skills, attention to detail, follow through, and expertise in designing claims-based outcomes research studies. In this role, you will work with all departments to provide outstanding real-world insights for our pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology clients.
- Communicate with internal team members regarding development of all project details, including study design, database, statistical methodology and all deliverables.
- Coordinate with internal team on logistics of all deliverables.
- Take ownership of study deliverables and provides scientific insight on methods, results and key findings.
- Lead/attend internal analyst meetings, project meetings, and technical trainings.
- Manage multiple projects at the same time without compromising quality and deadlines.
- Anticipate potential issues and challenges for project and communicate with internal team.
- Stay abreast of and implement cutting edge techniques in outcomes research methodology.
- Serve as the scientific research lead, to internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide guidance and direction to internal team members to ensure departmental and client project goals are met.
- Manage activities and supervise direct reports or mentor junior research analysts.
- Contribute to training and onboarding activities as applicable.
- Understand and be able to interpret statistical results for clients, specifically as it pertains to retrospective observational research and study designs.
- Familiar with the common coding structure in healthcare field including NDC, HCPCS, ICD, and CPT.
- Strong knowledge on how to navigate different claims databases including VA, DoD, Medicare, Medicaid, and other commercial payer databases, and how to guide research using these databases.
- Knowledge of different statistical analysis such as PSM, GLM, and survival analysis, and how to interpret findings from these approaches.
- Previous client facing and client engagement experience.
- Effectively and clearly presenting and explaining technical findings with technical and non-technical audience.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Team player able to build trust with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensuring client satisfaction on completion of projects.
- Master’s degree in health services research (HSR), economics, health economics, public health, epidemiology, statistics, biostatistics.
- Minimum 3 years (Manager level) or 5 years (Sr Manager) of outcomes research experience in the pharmaceutical industry, health economics.
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing all aspects of a research study from design through protocol development, results, and final reports. Previous experience writing abstracts and manuscripts is a must.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge and experience with secondary data assets, administrative claims databases, electronic medical record data, MS office apps including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and be able to understand programming logic. Previous programming experience is a plus.