|Location||Ann Arbor, MI., Michigan|
|Date Posted||July 17, 2019|
Health Economics and Outcomes Research
|Job Level||Analyst or Senior Analyst|
|Other Locations||Cambridge, MA., Bethesda, MD.|
To apply, please click here: https://bit.ly/2Y2SoD2
The primary role of the Senior Research Analyst is to provide analytic support to one or more business areas within Life Sciences: Outcomes Research, Economic Modeling, and Market Analytics. The Sr. Research Analyst not only has significant responsibility for analytic support of the research projects, but also supplements project management activities, provides input into the development of new business proposals, mentors junior staff, and assists with other on-going project work as needed.
Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
Outcomes Research, Market Analytics, Economic Modeling
- Support Research Leaders in all aspects of projects including general project organization, day-to-day project management, and client communications
- Attend all internal team/external client meetings and present at client meetings when requested
- Develop study protocol/file specifications or model specifications/conceptual design for review by Research Leader/Lead Analyst and other members of project team
- Work closely with Programmer on most effective way to implement complex methodologies and build study analytic file
- Use Treatment Pathways to conduct analyses
- Perform data investigation on diagnostic, descriptive, and statistical output throughout the course of each research project. Suggest and implement changes in methodology based on output review
- Provide key support with reviewing published literature and conducting data/information abstraction research to identify, collect, and summarize data for building health economic models
- Assume primary role in developing economic models including cost-effectiveness/cost-utility/budget-impact analyses using Microsoft Excel (with Visual Basic macros) and other modeling software, such as TreeAge Pro
- Prepare deliverables for client presentation (final written reports, slide decks, technical memoranda, posters, podium presentations, and manuscripts)
- Fill in for Research Leader in their absence
- Mentor/supervise junior Analyst staff to perform project tasks for client deliverables
- Lead training and orientation sessions for new hires or others within IBM Watson Health
- Support the development of new proposals or sales opportunities as requested by Research Leaders, including working with clients to help them appropriately formulate research questions
- Participate in project process efficiency improvement initiatives
- Support literature review projects
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years previous healthcare industry and/or quantitative work experience related to pharmaceutical industry or health research.
- 3+ years experience with outcomes research using administrative claims, survey data, or other patient level data, economic modeling, literature review, meta analysis, value dossiers, patient report outcomes (PROs) and health technology assessments (HTAs) are highly preferred.
- 3+ years working with data storage in relational and or flat file environments and how data is manipulated using SAS, R or other similar languages.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- 3+ years experience using Microsoft Applications: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and EndNote.