|Date Posted||March 23, 2021|
Patient-reported Outcomes or Health-related Quality of Life
|Job Level||Principal or Senior Principal|
Senior Data Analyst/SAS Programmer - Patient-Centered Research – Flexible Location
This business-critical position provides extensive statistical and data programming support across multiple projects within the Patient-Centered Research PCR) team. The Patient-centered Research largely conducts survey (questionnaire) research with sample sizes ranging from quite small (less than 50 patients) to thousands of patients. This is not a big-data position, i.e., analysis of administrative claims data.
The Senior Data Analyst/SAS Programmer is integral to the success of the organization and works closely with a variety of stakeholders to drive the delivery and quality of required programming and results tables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Prepare, manage and analyze research data using standard statistical packages such as SAS or R.
- Have expertise in programming univariate statistical analyses (e.g., Proc freq and Proc univariate), bivariate statistical analyses (e.g., Proc t-test, Proc GLM, Proc Corr, Proc ANOVA); and multivariate statistical tests (e.g., Proc Reg and Proc Logistic) and interpreting the results
- Understand the principles of univariate, bivariate, and multivariate statistical analyses
- Review project-related Statistical Analysis Plans, and proposals and provide feedback to project team.
- Assist in the development of final study reports and presentation of study of findings including the creation of tabular (SAS production tables) and graphical output directly from study data.
- Validate and peer review other SAS programs.
- Act as technical consultant to other staff within Evidera.
- Work experience with healthcare or clinical-trial data is essential; knowledge of 21 Code of Federal Regulations Part 11 preferred.
- Minimum of five years of SAS programming experience or a comparable skill set.
- Excellent understanding of and generous experience with SAS/Base, SAS ODS outputs, SAS Macro, SAS STAT and any additional SAS modules as required by the specific job position.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding and experience with R a plus.
Education and Experience
- Master's degree (preferred) or equivalent degree with 5-6 years of experience, BA/BS degree with 7+ years of work experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of SAS programming experience or a comparable skill set.
Evidera is a business within in Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC (PPD) a leading global contract research organization (CRO), and a is a preeminent provider of evidence-based solutions. We provide integrated scientific expertise and global operational capabilities to help clients generate the evidence needed to optimize the market access and commercial potential of products.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package with clear opportunities for growth and career progression. You will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects with some of the industry’s leading researchers. Our offices boast a fun and collaborative working environment, frequent social events, and a robust support system. We are committed to providing training and professional development with ample opportunity to advance for all our staff.
Evidera’s Core Competencies:
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving/Judgment
If you resonate with our core competencies and want to contribute to research and consulting services driven by world-class science and thought leadership, then please submit your application – we would love to hear from you.
Evidera, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, gender preference, disability, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.