Sr HEOR Statistician
|Date Posted||February 24, 2023|
Health Economics and Outcomes Research
|Job Level||Researcher or Senior Researcher|
|Other Locations||Europe, Remote|
We are looking to fill this role in Canada or Europe (Fully remote capable) Evidera’s Modeling and Simulation team is one of the largest and most experienced in-house team of modelers. Evidera has designed, developed, and implemented hundreds of health economic and other models in all major therapeutic indications and for all major markets. We have an impressive track record of quality work and driving innovation, this along with the strength and tenure of our leadership team has given us a pre-eminent position in the market.
We are looking for a Senior Biostatistician to join our Modeling & Simulations team.
This role will support studies in health-economic modelling, including studies involving simulation models, planning and execution of analyses on real-world observational data (administrative and prospectively collected), exploratory and post-hoc analyses of data from clinical trials, and providing general consultative support to researchers in health economics, outcomes research and epidemiology.
You will be part of multi-disciplinary research teams to provide statistical expertise and methodological leadership at all stages of projects from planning to completion. Duties will vary according to the nature of the projects.
You will be expected to:
- Work independently to understand the statistical and analytical requirements of projects and develop statistical analysis plans to address those needs, execute analyses according to the plan, possibly with support from more junior staff, and assist in interpretation and dissemination of findings, including preparation of reports or slide decks summarizing methods and results.
- Be able to present analysis plans and results to clients or colleagues who may have limited background in statistics.
- Assist with tracking budget and expenses and monitoring timelines and deliverables for projects when assigned.
- Support other "non-billable" activities as needed (e.g., assist with developing sections of proposals).
- Travel may be required on occasion.
Analytical work will involve parametric time-to-event analyses to project partially observed distributions, derivation of predictive equations to relate patient characteristics to outcomes or trajectories of outcomes, formulating models to measure the effect of time-dependent risk factors to subsequent outcomes.
Familiarity with novel techniques for indirect treatment comparison like Matching Adjusted Indirect Comparison (MAIC) or Simulated Treatment Comparison (STC) would be nice to have.
Education, Professional Skills & Experience:
- Strong basis in fundamental statistical concepts and methods, and expertise with techniques such as development of predictive equations using regression techniques, parametric and non/semi-parametric survival analysis (longitudinal data analysis, issues related to missing data, indirect treatment comparison, etc.
- Prior experience in the areas of health economics, outcomes research and epidemiology is highly desirable.
- Proven statistical programming skills with standard software, including SAS, R and STATA.
- Take on leadership with regard to methodological elements in projects.
- PhD with at least two years, MSc with at least 4-5 years or Bachelor’s with over 5 years of experience in statistical applications in health economics, outcomes research and epidemiology.
Personal Skills & Competencies:
- Experience working with modeling/simulation software, in particular Microsoft Excel using VBA.
- Strong communication (spoken and written), problem-solving skills, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in non-technical terms, with project team members
- Required: SAS (Base, Stat, Graph, Macro), R, SPSS, STATA, WinBUGS, Microsoft Office
Who Are We?
Evidera is a business unit of Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC (PPD) a leading global contract research organization (CRO), and a is a preeminent provider of evidence-based solutions. We provide integrated scientific expertise and global operational capabilities to help clients generate the evidence needed to optimize the market access and commercial potential of products..
What We Offer:
With the right support and resources, you will thrive! Evidera offers a great mix of compensation and benefit options for you and your family.
Some of our Perks:
- Highly competitive salary and bonus structure
- Generous benefits package: includes healthcare, dental, vision and paid time off to relax and enjoy friends and family.
- Flexible working environment: we offer fully remote work for most of our positions to support work-life balance.
- Clear opportunities for growth and career progression: multiple learning & development programs, coaching & mentor training, career planning and discussions to further your career.
- Access to Employee Well-Being programs & services. We value your emotional well-being and offer a variety of programs to support the mental health of our employees.
- Collaborative working environment with focus on Diversity & Inclusion. At Evidera, we respect one another and recognize our diversity makes us stronger. We strive to be an inclusive organization where colleagues can be themselves and grow professionally.
- Global exposure: Opportunity to work on multiple projects with some of the industry's leading researchers across the globe.
- Smooth onboarding process with your own dedicated onboarding specialist and a working buddy to help you navigate through your first few weeks, ensuring a great start to your career with Evidera!
Our 4i Values:
Our 4i values are critical components in accomplishing our mission. These values guide us and, ultimately, define us.
Integrity - Innovation - Intensity - Involvement
If you resonate with our competencies and want to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world's most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you!
*Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.