|Location||One Edwards Way, California|
|Date Posted||May 16, 2021|
Health Economics and Outcomes Research
|Job Level||Researcher or Senior Researcher|
This is a great opportunity to join a Global Health Economics & Reimbursement (GHER) team that is playing a key role in the success of our Transcatheter Mitral and Tricuspid valve Technologies (TMTT) business at Edwards Lifesciences business. As a Sr. Specialist, you will assist in developing evidence-based value propositions and implementing evidence strategies to address market access needs that support our TMTT business unit. This position is based at the corporate headquarters in Irvine, California.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the market access strategies that enhance global patient access to TMTT therapies.
- Conduct real world data research to quantify the clinical and economic impact of TMTT therapies.
- Develop resources and deliverables that demonstrate product value including economic models, value dossiers, and slide presentations.
- Work with Public Affairs, Medical Affairs, Marketing and Clinical Affairs to develop compelling HEOR value propositions.
- Provide appropriate support in educating sales, marketing, clinical, regulatory, and legal teams in other global offices to increase awareness and understanding of health economics and reimbursement competencies
- Support the development of HTA and reimbursement submissions by leveraging key evidence and internal resources
- Provide input to the interpretation of clinical, economic, and humanistic evidence relevant to the TMTT business
- Monitor changes in the external environment (health policy and regulatory) and advise senior leadership on threats and opportunities with suggested action plans.
- Ongoing review and evaluation of scientific literature relevant to the TMTT business.
The successful candidate will develop synergies across the organization and foster strong internal and external relationships to achieve market access goals and objectives. Critical skills and experience for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in a life science, health economics, healthcare finance, health policy, or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years related experience in med tech, healthcare, or pharma industry is required.
- Understanding of key public and private payer policy infrastructure, payment methodologies, coding and coverage; health policy trends, and current business challenges.
- Previous experience in, or strong working knowledge of, medical device industry, especially with functional responsibility in health economics and reimbursement planning and program implementation is preferred.
- Experience working with customers (payers, hospitals and/or physicians), professional and medical organizations and ability to develop mutually beneficial health economics and reimbursement strategies and tactics to support portfolio planning, commercialization, and sales/marketing objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, especially presentation development.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and experience working with various internal business partners (especially Sales, Marketing, Medical Affairs, Clinical, Regulatory, Legal, and Government Affairs staff) to provide insight into key market access issues.
- Self-motivated and able to advance projects with limited supervision.
- Domestic travel up to 10%.
- Master’s degree in a life science, health economics, healthcare finance, health policy, or related field required.
- Formal training or experience in health economics and/or outcomes research a strong plus.
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.