|Date Posted||April 2, 2021|
Medical Writing and Communications
|Other Locations||Waltham, MA; Wilmington, NC; London, UK|
Vice President, General Manager - Medical Writing and Healthcare Communications
Evidera is looking to hire a Practice Area leader to provide senior-level direction and decision making for a team of 20+ medical writing professionals. Evidera’s Medical Writing team provides medical writing services for the peri- and post-approval phases of the product lifecycle, helping to create a consistency in quality and voice. Our writers prepare documents that are clear, concise, compelling, and scientifically accurate, while also ensuring they are fully compliant with regulations, industry best practices, and your corporate guidance.
The ideal candidate will be accountable for full P&L responsibilities; developing revenue and service delivery models to ensure practice area financial performance goals are successfully achieved. You will partner closely with other business leaders to advance Evidera’s sales, revenue, and service delivery models to ensure financial performance goals are successfully achieved. Maintains full responsibility for staffing, executed through a team of senior-level direct reports. Supports sales and delivery teams as appropriate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Defines the vision and sets the strategic direction – through development and implementation of an Annual Operating Plan – in alignment with the overall Evidera strategic plan.
- Partners effectively with executive, commercial, functional and business unit colleagues in the development and implementation of the business plan.
- Accountable for the business unit P&L; develops the annual budget and manages successful performance of key financial metrics – sales, revenue and profitability.
- Operates effectively as a senior leader at the Evidera level, collaborating closely with senior staff from other business units to find solutions to challenges, optimize processes and maximize opportunities across the organization.
- Leads the business unit in the peri- and post-approval medical writing space that sets industry standards for quality and outstanding service.
- Builds a team to facilitate growth of the medical affairs writing segment, whilst continuing to grow the core medical information and strategic writing services.
- Supports new product or service development through sector thought leadership and innovation.
- Ensures ongoing stream of funded work to support AOP targets.
- Builds strong collaborative working relationships with business development and senior management to secure new business by making presentations to clients, conducting contract negotiations, developing and reviewing proposals and budgets.
- Serves as senior point of escalation on client, contract or quality issues.
Managerial Duties: *this position holds full personnel responsibility for a global business unit which is executed through a team of senior level direct reports.
- Hires, develops, and deploys a team of experts with skill set and experience to strengthen the team and facilitate growth of the business unit.
- Monitors business performance and the talent market to make timely and informed hiring decisions.
- Maintains senior level oversight on all hiring, promotions, and salary/bonus decisions (working with the Executive Team and HR as appropriate)
- Leads the team in a professional and supportive manner by creating an atmosphere that cultivates high employee engagement and retention.
Education, Professional Skills & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree with more than 10 years professional experience in a medical writing, medical affairs, medical information or related, environment.
- Demonstrated team leadership through 10+ years of progressive responsibility in leadership, financial oversight and product/service development.
- Experienced in the development and implementation of a business strategy and go-to market plans for new and existing products and services. Must be prepared to develop and deliver on revenue projections and manage to an Annual Operating Plan.
- Excellent knowledge of global/regional medical writing/regulatory requirements for clinical trials, marketing authorization and late phase procedures; experience across the product development lifecycle.
- Ability to identify, lead and drive strategic planning on behalf of the department
Personal Skills & Competencies:
- Innovation and leadership in developing new ideas related to Medical Writing, including process improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to build teams, maintain collaborative relationships, initiate cross-functional mentoring; anticipate resistance; influence without authority and provide a senior-level presence when necessary.
- Ability to effectively communicate, negotiate, engage and support potential clients, corporate leaders and across functional area strong presentation skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, problem solving, judgment and decision-making; driven, self-motivated and adaptable.
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to organize, plan and manage projects, create and modify budgets, develop timelines, allocate resources, and forecast departmental workload.
Evidera is a business within in Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC (PPD) a leading global contract research organization (CRO), and a is a preeminent provider of evidence-based solutions. We provide integrated scientific expertise and global operational capabilities to help clients generate the evidence needed to optimize the market access and commercial potential of products.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, with clear opportunities for growth and career progression. You will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects with some of the industry’s leading researchers. Our offices boast a fun and collaborative working environment, frequent social events and a robust support system. We are committed to providing training and professional development, with ample opportunity to advance, for all our staff.
Evidera’s Core Competencies:
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving/Judgment
If you resonate with our core competencies and want to contribute to research and consulting services driven by world-class science and thought leadership, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.
Evidera, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, gender preference, disability, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.