Last Updated: December 22, 2022
Scientist.com are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We comply with all data protection laws, and other applicable laws which govern tracking technologies (such as “cookies”), electronic marketing and other processing of personal data applicable in each country in which we operate, (together the “Data Protection Laws“).
 scientist.com, healtheconomics.com, insidescientific.com, biopharmcatalyst.com, contractresearchmap.com, hykuup.com, trialinsights.com, and all subdomains thereof.
WHO WE ARE
In this Policy, the terms “we”, “our”, “us” and “Scientist.com” are used to refer to The Assay Depot, Inc (d/b/a Scientist.com), a Delaware corporation with its offices at 505 Lomas Santa Fe Drive, Suite 110, Solana Beach, CA 92075 and the members of our global group of companies.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The personal data that we receive about you depends upon the context of your interactions with us. This can vary depending on your choices (including any privacy settings), the services you receive, events you attend, how you configure your account settings, where you are located and the applicable law.
(1) Information we receive from you
- Use of the Websites/Platform, request and receipt of Services When you use the Websites and/or Platform, or register for an account with us to use the Websites or Platform (as applicable), when you wish to attend an event, or make an enquiry or purchase services we ask for information such as your organization’s name, email address, password, job title, role within organization, address, company qualifications, and company capabilities.
- Business Information Where you engage with us, our services, the Websites and/or the Platform we may receive information about the name, size and location of the business you work for and your role within the business as well as publicly available information about the company.
- Feedback, research or training When you choose to provide us with your feedback about the Websites, Platform and/or services or take part in optional surveys or event registrations we may collect personal data such as your name, organization’s name, email address, telephone number and any other personal data, and your views and opinions. We may choose to display your feedback, in whole or in part, on the Websites and/or Platform and it may be viewed by others visiting the Websites and/or Platform.
- Customer support If you contact us for support in relation to the services or your use of the Websites and/or the Platform we will ask for information such as your name, your organization’s name, your email address, job title, role within organization and address.
(2) Information we collect
- Online behavioural data When you visit our Websites and/or Platform, attend an online event or engage through social media, click on a link contained on our Websites, an email sent to you, or campaign or notice presented to you, or otherwise engage with us through digital channels we may collect information relating to your device (including IP Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, MAC addresses, traffic data, location data, your login information, time-zone setting browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, weblogs, cookies and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
(3) Information provided by others
- When a business provides it Where you are the representative of a business we interact with (for example an employee or representative of a customer, partner, client, supplier or vendor) that business may provide us with information about you such as name, email address, password, job title, role within organization, address and telephone number.
- Collaborators We also receive and store account data (names, email addresses and other contact details) from Collaborators (“Collaborator Data”), including personal data, that Clients enter on third party websites operated by Collaborators to log into the Platform. Collaborators are responsible for notifying you that they will provide this Collaborator Data to us and otherwise complying with the applicable data protection laws when they collect, process and transfer Personal Data to Scientist.com.
- Social Media We collect information from social networks, including to monitor discussion about our Websites, Platform, services and/or our brand.
- Joint offering Where we provide a co-branded event or service or engage in joint activities with a third party including training or conferences, we may receive personal data relating to attendees from the partner with whom we jointly provide the event.
- Publicly available sources We may collect publicly available information from third party sources such as government agencies, credit reporting agencies, information service providers or publicly available records.
WHAT DO WE COLLECT AND USE THE INFORMATION FOR?
We collect and process personal data about you:
- to communicate with you and respond to requests and inquiries;
- to create and administer accounts and log in access to our Platform;
- to engage in transactions with our customers, suppliers, vendors, business partners and process orders and enquiries for our Services;
- for billing, invoice management, identification, and authentication purposes;
- to deliver functionality on our Websites and the Platforms including customising future use for you
- for service improvement, research and to contact you for surveys;
- to analyse, develop and improve the function and performance of our Website, the Platform and the Services;
- to manage security and operation of our Websites, networks and systems;
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations in the operation of our business;
- to market our products and services and tailor our marketing and sales activities to your interests (which may also include marketing third party goods and services to you which we think may be of interest to you as a user of our Websites, Platform and/or services;
Please note that we may combine personal data that we receive from other sources with personal data you give to us and personal data we collect about you. We may also anonymize or aggregate any of the information we collect and use it for any purpose, including for research and product-development purposes. Such information will not identify you individually.
WHAT IS OUR BASIS FOR PROCESSING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
For personal data information collected about you in the EU/ EEA, UK or Switzerland and any other relevant jurisdictions, our basis for processing is:
- Where you are a sole trader or individual and we wish to process your information for marketing purposes, this would be on the basis of your consent or where you have attended a prior event, purchased goods or services from us on a prior occasion or otherwise you are a representative of a company then we would process your information for marketing purposes where you have not objected to such marketing;
- To perform a contract with you/your organization for the purpose of providing you access to the Platform and/or Websites, providing the services, engaging in transactions, processing requests for Services and otherwise as necessary to manage and administer the contract with you.
- For our legitimate interests to manage event registration and attendance including sending you communications in relation to such events.
- For our legitimate interests, to analyse, develop and improve the Websites, Platform and services implement and maintain security.
- To comply with applicable laws, such as to comply with a court order or a subpoena.
- To resolve any legal claims or disputes involving you or us.
DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may also share your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Third parties who provide supply chain financing and invoice management services to us will also have access to certain information on invoices.
We may engage third-party service providers to work with us to administer and provide the Websites and or Platform and to perform functions on our behalf. For example, we may utilize the services of third parties to provide:
- email services;
- cloud services;
- hosting services;
- hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run our business;
- online file storage;
- customer services via the Platform;
- IT services;
- document management services;
- marketing services;
- website analytics;
- billing and finance;
- travel and expenses;
- invoice management;
- supply chain financing;
- auditors and other professional advisors;
- delivering packages and mail;
- providing marketing assistance;
- creating and producing Images; and
- professional advice.
These third-party service providers (and others that we may engage in the future) may have access to personal information for the purposes of performing services on our behalf. These service providers shall not use such personal data for any other purposes, as governed more specifically by the terms of their agreements with us.
- Business transfers: We may transfer your information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which your information is among the assets transferred but only so far as such transfer is necessary for the purposes of such sale or administration;
WHAT CHOICES DO USERS HAVE CONCERNING INFORMATION COLLECTION AND SHARING?
You can decline to submit information (including personal data) to Scientist.com, although this may prevent you from using the Platform and/or Websites and may prevent us from providing certain services to you and/or prevent customers, partners, clients, suppliers, vendors from transacting with each other for services via the Platform and/or Websites.
Our customers, partners, clients, suppliers, vendors may choose to change or limit the use and disclosure of their personal data (or the personal data of their representatives) or cancel an account by contacting us using the contact details below (How to Contact Us).
We assume that all personal data collected by us relates to the individual’s business contact details and that all communications between us are therefore “business to business”, not “business to consumer”. If you believe that this is not the case for you, or you are in a jurisdiction where your opt in consent is specifically required for us to market our own or third party goods and services to you in a business to business capacity please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com. You have a right to stop us from sending you direct marketing at any time. You may do so by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in our marketing emails. Individuals who are representatives of organizations can also unsubscribe from our marketing communications by following the instructions or unsubscribe mechanism in the original email message.
United Kingdom, European Economic Area or Switzerland
If you are located in the United Kingdom, Switzerland or the European Economic Area you are able to exercise the following rights in relation to the way we process your personal data. You may contact us using the details below to exercise any of these rights, to the extent they apply to you.
In some instances, we may be unable to carry out your request, in which case we will write to you to explain why. In particular, rights may not apply in some cases, including where providing access is unreasonably burdensome or expensive under the circumstances or where it would violate the rights of someone other than you.
|1. You have the right to request access to your personal data||You have the right to request confirmation that your personal data is being processed, access to your personal data (through us providing a copy) and other information about how we process your personal data.|
|2. You have the right to ask us to rectify your personal data||You have the right to request that we rectify your personal data if it is not accurate or not complete.|
|3. You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data||You have the right to ask us to erase or delete your personal data where there is no reason for us to continue to process your personal data. This right would apply if we no longer need to use your personal data to provide the services to you, where you withdraw your consent for us to process your personal data (for example, your Images), or where you object to the way we process your personal data (see right 6 below).|
|4. You have the right to ask us to restrict or block the processing of your personal data||You have the right to ask us to restrict or block the processing of your personal data that we hold about you. This right applies where you believe the personal data is not accurate, you would rather we block the processing of your personal data rather than erase your personal data, where we do not need to use your personal data for the purpose we collected it for but you may require it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.|
|5. You have the right to port your personal data||You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data from us to reuse for your own purposes across different services. This allows you to move personal data easily to another organization, or to request us to do this for you.|
|6. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data||You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data on the basis of our legitimate business interests, unless we are able to demonstrate that, on balance, our legitimate interests override your rights or we need to continue processing your personal data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.|
|7. You have the right not to be subject to automated decisions||You have the right to object to any automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision has a legal or significant impact on you.|
|8. You have the right to withdraw your consent||You have the right to withdraw your consent where we are relying on this to process your personal data (for example, your Images)|
To the extent the rights above are applicable to you, you can submit a written request to the contact information provided below (How to Contact Us). We may request specific information from you to confirm your identity before processing any request.
California residents have the following rights:
|1. The right to know what data we process||See the “Information We Collect” section above.|
|2. The right to know how we use your personal data||See the “What Do We Collect And Use The Information For?” section above.|
|3. The right to know who we share your personal data with.||See the “Do We Share Your Information?” section above.|
|4. The right to receive a copy of your data|
|5. The right to request deletion of your data||This right is subject to Scientist.com’s right to not delete some or all of your personal data if we are allowed or required to retain it by applicable law.|
|6. Right to opt out of a sale||You have the right to know whether your personal data is being sold. Your personal data is sold when it is shared with a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration for a purpose that is not a “business purpose” as set forth in the California Consumer Privacy Act.Scientist.com does not sell your personal data.|
|7. Right not to be discriminated against|
To the extent the rights above are applicable to you and you wish to contact us you can submit a written request to the contact information provided below (How to Contact Us). We may request specific information from you to confirm your identity before processing any request.
WHAT DO WE DO TO ENSURE THE SECURITY OF USER INFORMATION?
Ensuring the security of your information is an important part of our business. We take commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. In cases where we are acting as a processor, Scientist.com secures Personal Data in accordance with its contractual obligations.
We restrict access to personal data to Scientist.com and Collaborator employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information to operate, develop or improve the Website and/or Platform. These individuals are bound by strict confidentiality and may be subject to discipline if they fail to meet these obligations.
Secure software: We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
Unauthorized access: It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off from your account when finished using a shared computer. Do not share your login information with anyone else. You are responsible for protecting your username and password and must not share it with, or disclose it, to anyone.
The Internet and email are not secure. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered, may be intercepted by third parties and may not always reach the intended recipient – this is the nature of the World Wide Web/Internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any such unauthorized access or loss of personal data that is beyond our control.
CROSS BORDER TRANSFERS OF DATA
To provide the Website, Platform and services we may access and process or through the use of our third party suppliers and partners it will be necessary to transfer and for your personal data to be processed outside of the country you are located in. Scientist.com is located in the United States, United Kingdom, Japan, Spain and Canada and our third party suppliers and partners are located in: United States, United Kingdom, European Economic Area, Canada, Japan, Switzerland, New Zealand. We may also transfer your personal data to other countries where you have requested services from a supplier/ vendor or because the customer/client is located in a country outside of your own location.
Such transfers may therefore be to countries where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. To effect this, we will obtain consent to such transfer from you (either directly from you or from your employer/organization who will have sought such consent from you) or where applicable, rely on legally provided transfer mechanisms to lawfully transfer data across borders. Where you are based in the United Kingdom, Switzerland or the European Economic Area this may be the derogation of consent under Article 49 of the GDPR, or the standard contractual clauses approved by the applicable regulatory body in each such jurisdiction
We may retain your personal data as long as you continue to use the Websites, Platform and/or services, have an account with us and typically for seven years after the closure of your account with us, in order to enable us to deal with any issues or concerns you may have about the services or your account, and also to allow us to bring and defend legal proceedings, or for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined above. You can close your account by contacting us at the details below.
We may however retain personal data for an additional period as is permitted or required under applicable laws, for legal, contractual, tax or regulatory reasons, for legitimate and lawful business purposes and for our own internal audit and record keeping purposes.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. We will only use personal data for a purpose that is materially different than the purpose for which it was collected where your explicit consent to the new purpose has been provided. Such consent will be obtained prior to further processing under the different purpose.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, where this is required or permitted by law.
In some circumstances, some of your personal data will be deleted in much shorter timescales, for example:
- marketing information is kept for:
- where you are a prospective supplier, vendor, customer or client or other individual who may register to use the Platform, sign up on our Websites or receive associated services –3years from the date on which the information is collected by us; and
- where you are an existing supplier, vendor, customer or client or other individual (including representatives or employees of suppliers, vendors, customers and/or clients) a period of 7 years from the end of our contractual relationship between you and us.
- cookies are refreshed in accordance with our cookies policy which can be found at https://app.scientist.com/legal-notices.
QUESTIONS OR COMPLAINTS
You can direct any questions or complaints to us about the use or disclosure of personal data that relates to you by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or in writing to the address below (Our Global contact address).
We will investigate and attempt to resolve any complaints or disputes regarding the use or disclosure of personal data within forty-five (45) days of receiving a complaint. Where you are exercising one of your rights (as set out above) we will respond to your request within one (1) month of receipt.
Residents in the UK can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF www.ico.org.uk, which is Scientist.com’s lead supervisory authority for the purposes of data protection laws, or your local data protection authority.
If you are in the EEA, you can contact the Scientist EU Representative at email@example.com
OUR GLOBAL CONTACT ADDRESS
If you are based outside of the UK/EEA we encourage you to raise any concerns using the contact information provided below and we will investigate and attempt to resolve any complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of your personal data.
505 Lomas Santa Fe Drive
Suite 110, Solana Beach, CA 92075